Graduate jobs besides paralegal/legal admin -advice

syw

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • May 29, 2019
    So I am a recent (ish) graduate (2018) who has also done LLM(LPC) and worked as a paralegal. I'm currently on my second cycle applying continuously for VC/TC's. I've had several legal admin/paralegal roles both in-house and in private practice however I'm really not enjoying the admin side of these roles, and have found it to be very boring and full-filling. I feel with all the rejections from VC's ect, it's important for me to have a job in the present that I am somewhat satisfied with and can progress in.

I'm interested in M&A specifically and the transactional side of law/deals. Besides applying to consultancy firms and their graduate schemes does anyone have any suggestions of industries/roles that are entry level-ish, with jobs providing greater responsibility, and of which are commercial/business orientated?

Thank you in advance!

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    I'd suggest exploring graduate schemes in different industries (i.e. outside of professional services like banking and consulting completely) Loads of FTSE 100 companies (typical law firm clients) offer entry level business analyst roles, compliance roles etc. I think this can be great way to gain some industry knowledge while picking up new skills that you wouldn't necessarily get in law.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.