General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmee DC

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Jan 17, 2019
For anyone who's been rejected post TC interview, what did they state as your main areas for improvement? Just interested to know!

I've gotten the following feedback post vac scheme AC's:

- Did not score high enough on the psychometric testing

- Should structure answers better and answer the question directly (I think this was just a firm specific preference, as they wanted me to demonstrate resilience or what I learned from the experience in almost all answers even though most of the questions did not relate to that).

I'm still waiting on feedback for another firm, so I can update this when I receive that!

EDIT: Got feedback from the other firm and I scored 13/15 on the telephone interview but they still said that didn't meet the minimum requirement in order to be invited to the AC. Kind of strange considering my friend said last year their minimum was 13. I didn't get any specific feedback about my answers though.

Last edited:
  • 🏆
  • 🤝
Reactions: SRW and NadineBusty

Esteemed Member
Dec 15, 2018
Has anyone done the UBS video interview, particularly for the - Graduate Talent Program - Global Banking - London? could you please share your experience with me/ what sort of questions were you asked?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Has anyone done the UBS video interview, particularly for the - Graduate Talent Program - Global Banking - London? could you please share your experience with me/ what sort of questions were you asked?

Probably not the best forum to use where this is law focused. I would recommend asking on Wikijobs or The Student Room.

• ℹ️
Reactions: FM302989, J123, OB and 2 others

gilo

Star Member
Premium Member
Jul 27, 2020
Rejection from Macfarlanes

Kind of gutted because I made it through to the AC in Feb for the summer vac scheme, and thought I really improved my application but guess it was not meant to be!

anyone heard from TLT
It probably was better - I have a feeling they had very very few spaces if any - so maybe just re-submit with a few changes?

Reactions: M1999

M1999

Legendary Member
Nov 28, 2019
It probably was better - I have a feeling they had very very few spaces if any - so maybe just re-submit with a few changes?
Yeah I mean I don’t have any legal work experience so wasn’t expecting an offer but would’ve liked to get to the AC but thanks for the encouragement! Learnt you can’t take things too personally in this process :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.