Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Latham Spring VS offer! 3 VS's for me now so I think I'm fully booked up. Super happy considering the work I have put in (and how my academics have suffered as a consequence!)

I repeat what I have said earlier in this thread. If I can help with application review or AC strategy, let me know/drop me a Pm and I'll do my best!

Best of luck to everyone who is waiting.

I'm gonna piggy back off this and say same for me, Latham Spring VS offer!!

I too likewise have been super lucky this cycle and have received a total of 3 VS offers! I'm an international student and this is my last chance to secure a TC before I am forced to leave when my visa runs out. So the fact that my chances of securing a TC is now triple fold is crazy to me (especially after having been rejected post VS last year)

Thank you so so much to everyone on this forum because my success wouldn't have been possible without the many helpful strangers on here who have been kind enough to give me hints and advice on the ACs and the application process. Thank you @Jaysen for this incredible forum. I'm not exaggerating when I say it has honestly been game-changing for me.

I would like to return the favour and help anyone in any way I can as well. So if anyone needs advice/help with Bakers, NRF, Latham, HSF, Slaughters or Ashurst feel free PM me and I will do my best to help!

Last edited:

Anjeri

Distinguished Member
    Jun 18, 2019
    I can't believe i am writing this.. i am literally shaking. I JUST GOT OFFERED A VACATION SCHEME FROM SIDLEY AUSTIN. Honestly thank you so much to everyone in this forum. The rejections that I have received made me loose hope this cycle. I have another interview on Monday with Vinson Elkins. Pray for me yall.

Amazing!!!

D

Deleted member 5185

Hello,

I received an invite to complete the online verbal and deductive reasoning tests for Browne Jacobson. I am currently practicing as much as possible before the deadline date, but can’t seem to find as many resources as I would like to practice. My biggest issue is that I can’t seem to get past the 60 percent mark.

I’m also waiting to hear back from Travers Smith regarding the summer vac scheme, does anyone know if they have filled their AC places yet ?

Thank you !

• 🤝
    Reactions: HD

J32

Valued Member
    Future Trainee
    Apr 4, 2019

I too likewise have been super lucky this cycle and have received a total of 3 VS offers! I'm an international student and this is my last chance to secure a TC before I am forced to leave when my visa runs out. So the fact that my chances of securing a TC is now triple fold is crazy to me (especially after having been rejected post VS last year)

Thank you so so much to everyone on this forum because my success wouldn't have been possible without the many helpful strangers on here who have been kind enough to give me hints and advice on the ACs and the application process. Thank you @Jaysen for this incredible forum. I'm not exaggerating when I say it has honestly been game-changing for me.

I would like to return the favour and help anyone in any way I can as well. So if anyone needs advice/help with Bakers, NRF, Latham, HSF, Slaughters or Ashurst feel free PM me and I will do my best to help!

Another fantastic achievement, congratulations! :D

• 🤝
    Reactions: Daniel Boden, Dheepa and JayB

HD

Jan 23, 2020
    Hello,

I received an invite to complete the online verbal and deductive reasoning tests for Browne Jacobson. I am currently practicing as much as possible before the deadline date, but can’t seem to find as many resources as I would like to practice. My biggest issue is that I can’t seem to get past the 60 percent mark.

Thank you !

Hey - congrats on getting through. I found it was really useful to complete the assessment day practice tests, print my answers, and then compare them to the solutions PDF. For me, working through the solutions and understanding why I'd went wrong where I did was the best way to improve. The intros to each section of the solutions are handy for clearly outlining the way to approach the different types of question too. I'm sure this will help you exceed the 60% mark. Good luck!

Last edited:

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Latham Spring VS offer! 3 VS's for me now so I think I'm fully booked up. Super happy considering the work I have put in (and how my academics have suffered as a consequence!)

I repeat what I have said earlier in this thread. If I can help with application review or AC strategy, let me know/drop me a Pm and I'll do my best!

Best of luck to everyone who is waiting.

I can't believe i am writing this.. i am literally shaking. I JUST GOT OFFERED A VACATION SCHEME FROM SIDLEY AUSTIN. Honestly thank you so much to everyone in this forum. The rejections that I have received made me loose hope this cycle. I have another interview on Monday with Vinson Elkins. Pray for me yall.
    Smashing job, well done!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Daniel Boden

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    I'm so jealous of you guys! I have never had a VS and have had one unsuccessful AC. The rest is pure post-app rejections :D
    It’s a process and you’ll get there! You’re not alone and many people don’t share post app rejections so don’t let that skew your perception! It also only takes one AC to get a VS so just keep doing as you’re doing and reflecting and it’s a matter of time I promise you :)

Last edited:

Lumree

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Highest Rated Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    It’s a process and you’ll get there! You’re not alone and many people don’t share post app rejections so don’t let that skew your perception! It also only takes on AC to get a VS so just keep doing as you’re doing and reflecting and it’s a matter of time I promise you :)

Very much needed this today!

• 🤝
    Reactions: J32, Miki3999 and Alice G

M&ALawyer

Valued Member
    Future Trainee
    Jul 29, 2019
    I'm so jealous of you guys! I have never had a VS and have had one unsuccessful AC. The rest is pure post-app rejections :D

Honestly, it's just a case of maintaining your resilience and continually applying (easier said than done I know). As @Alice G said, this forum is very unrepresentative of the people applying.

If you follow:
    1. The advice on this website re-applications - especially here https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/training-contract-applications-the-2018-guide
    2. Get as many people to read over your applications (I went countless times to my uni's career service)
    3. Continually build up your experiences, through competitions, workshops, open days, pro-bono work, non-legal jobs every cycle.
    4. Speak to as many trainees/associates as you can (in person, LinkedIn, at your uni)
    Then I can guarantee you will stand out as an exceptional candidate, to be in an excellent place to get to more AC's/offers.

Regarding AC's I honestly feel sometimes it can be a bit of a lottery. There are some AC's which I felt could not have gone better and didn't get an offer, whilst others I thought went terribly and got a place. I think its just a process which is as much as if you will be happy/a fit for their culture than your ability as an applicant.

Best of luck in the future !

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.