Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caitlin

Distinguished Member
Mar 26, 2019
Rejection from BCLP earlier today, bit disappointed as I reached ac last year and really like the firm but it wasn’t meant to be. On to the next! Hope those still waiting receive better news :)
Bad luck, hopefully you'll have better news from other apps! Do you mind sharing when you applied as waiting to hear back!

h2020

Esteemed Member
Dec 26, 2019
I somehow managed to complete the real logical reasoning test rather than the practice one for Simmons. I logged onto Korn Ferry's website to complete the practice one on a new tab and when I logged on to complete the actual test on Simmon's site, it said it was already completed :( Has anyone got any tips on what I should do? I didn't get a warning that it would be the real test nor did I agree to take the actual test.

Samar

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Sep 28, 2019
I somehow managed to complete the real logical reasoning test rather than the practice one for Simmons. I logged onto Korn Ferry's website to complete the practice one on a new tab and when I logged on to complete the actual test on Simmon's site, it said it was already completed :( Has anyone got any tips on what I should do? I didn't get a warning that it would be the real test nor did I agree to take the actual test.

Not sure if it's the same situation exactly but this happened with my CC app. I specifically clicked on practice, did the practice and then when I went to click on actual one it said completed. What I did was try to find the practice one again and if it has very similar/the same questions as you remember from your test then perhaps it was a glitch. So I contacted grad rec at CC and they gave me a new link.

h2020

Esteemed Member
Dec 26, 2019
Not sure if it's the same situation exactly but this happened with my CC app. I specifically clicked on practice, did the practice and then when I went to click on actual one it said completed. What I did was try to find the practice one again and if it has very similar/the same questions as you remember from your test then perhaps it was a glitch. So I contacted grad rec at CC and they gave me a new link.

Thank you so much. I just contacted Simmons, let's hope it was a glitch and I can complete the actual test.

Penelope

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 2
  • Aug 14, 2019
    I put my app in for Mischon on the 30th November and still haven't heard anything back - I know some people have been invited to VI should I be worried? Anyone still not heard back?

I applied 22/11 and invited to VI 3/12 but haven’t heard back from VI, so I’m also not sure if I should be worried. One of my friends applied 10/12 and hasn’t heard anything either.

D95

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 17, 2019
    I've been lurking this thread for so long, thought I'd join in now. Been receiving rejections left, right and centre- but such is life.

Good luck to everyone applying this season. You only need one to go your way so don't give up.

Good luck to you, too! I'm sure your TC offer is somewhere there, you might have only just officially join us, but I think I speak for everyone when I say that we are all rooting for you! :)

• 🤝
    Reactions: Helena and ComplianceChange

Castelli99

Esteemed Member
    May 12, 2019
    Does anyone know what % of people are offered TCs from a VS? I know it will vary lots between firms - but if anyone has any ballpark figures - or even better some actual facts from specific firms, that would be great

Alaw96

Future Trainee
    Dec 23, 2018
    For anyone who has completed the CMS video interview, how long did it take for them to come back to you with an outcome? I submitted mine on the 20th of December.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.