Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faye

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
Jul 3, 2018
Had rejection today (without doing any tests) saying I couldn't be shortlisted for interview... bit odd and it seems I skipped the tests stage? Or was anyone else rejected pre-tests?

Sorry to hear about the rejection! I know of someone who was rejected pre-tests so they definitely aren't automatic. Ashurst graduate recruitment did say last year that the winter VS was 'very rolling' - I think I spoke to them 2-3 weeks before the winter deadline and they said to not bother applying because interviews had all been allocated (last year, even though the opportunity was still advertised on the website...). Could be a similar situation this year where they've just filled up all the places!

Reactions: Alice G and Abstruser

Eledoya

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
Mar 8, 2018
Has anyone heard from Simmons & Simmons regarding the summer vacation scheme? I completed the SJT at the end of October and haven’t heard anything. Last time I applied I was rejected within a week.

tractor12

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 6, 2019
Has anyone heard from Simmons & Simmons regarding the summer vacation scheme? I completed the SJT at the end of October and haven’t heard anything. Last time I applied I was rejected within a week.
I know someone with a VI for Summer, but they are probably focusing on Winter right now

kslwnd

Sep 15, 2019
Hi - I applied to NRF (Winter VS) on the deadline and got this response today:

"Further to your recent application for a place on the Winter Vacation Scheme with Norton Rose Fulbright LLP unfortunately we have now filled all of the available positions.

As an exception, we would be happy for you to now reapply for our Spring Vacation Scheme. The deadline for applications is 12th January 2020"

Does anyone know whether this means I should submit a fresh application or if they will transfer my app on request?

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Hi Guys,

new to the forum, I have been following for a while but have not really posted!

I have got VS offers from both HSF and HL. They are both for winter, obviously I can only do one. I was wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation and knows what to do? I was thinking of moving HSF to spring but I don't know the correct way to do this. Any advice would be highly appreciated. This is my first cycle and my first two applications so I am new to all of this!
Hey! Congratulations :) I had a similar thing last year- just ask one of them if you could possibly be moved to a different scheme like you suggested asking HSF for Spring. Firms tend to be very accommodating :)

Reactions: Daniel Boden
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.