Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddie R

Esteemed Member
Jan 10, 2019
Has anyone done the CMS video interview? I got an invite on Friday but have yet to do it. I usually hate VIs so if anyone has any tips I would really appreciate them!

Annalise2.0

Jan 15, 2019
Hi, has anyone heard from Reed Smith after the SST, I did mine last week and I have not received a personality report yet. I also just realised that I did not receive a confirmation email saying I had completed the test but I have usually received confirmation emails when I've done tests for other firms. I just wanted to check if anyone received a confirmation or have heard back. A bit worried they might not have received my test results now. Thanks :)

RN

Nov 12, 2019
Hi, has anyone heard from Reed Smith after the SST, I did mine last week and I have not received a personality report yet. I also just realised that I did not receive a confirmation email saying I had completed the test but I have usually received confirmation emails when I've done tests for other firms. I just wanted to check if anyone received a confirmation or have heard back. A bit worried they might not have received my test results now. Thanks :)

I have not received a confirmation after completing the SST either, apart from the confirmation of registration. I have received an email saying that I have met the minimum benchmark for the SST five days after doing the test, followed by the report the next day. Hope this helps.

Annalise2.0

Jan 15, 2019
I have not received a confirmation after completing the SST either, apart from the confirmation of registration. I have received an email saying that I have met the minimum benchmark for the SST five days after doing the test, followed by the report the next day. Hope this helps.
Thanks a lot! I'm a bit relieved now, I will just keep an eye out for the follow-up email then :)

Camilla

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • May 16, 2019
    Hi, may I ask how long did you have to wait after the initial application to get the VI invite?
    Good luck with everything:)

Hi Gigi

I submitted my application on 14th October.
    I was invited to complete the Watson Glaser on 5th November. I completed this on the 11th.
    I received the video interview invite on 14 November.

Good luck to you!

Plum

Star Member
    Oct 30, 2019
    Does anyone have any insight into, or experience of, the Gowling ‘game based assessment?’ I’ll be receiving the link in the next few days and feel like I’m going in totally blind!

Jai C.

Esteemed Member
    May 15, 2018
    Does anyone have any insight into, or experience of, the Gowling ‘game based assessment?’ I’ll be receiving the link in the next few days and feel like I’m going in totally blind!

If it is the same game as Artic Shores’ then I can help you - so basically it’s a weird bunch of games put together - for example it has around 9 activities - like one of them is You have to pump gas into balloons so you can sell them and for every pump you get £5 but you don’t know the ballon can burst anytime so you have to decide when to stop

And then there is a game like memory like there is a board lights go off in a random order and you have to remember the sequence of them and then dial them when they ask what order did the lights go off

but if I were you I wouldn’t worry coz Gowling basically tends to give VI to most people ..and only then they start cutting down

Samar

Valued Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 28, 2019
    Hey guys, I've drafted my A&O and have it ready to send by today or tomorrow. Is it too late to send it, as it is rolling.

I think you're fine to send now! I feel like there is probably a surge right on the deadline so you will still be earlier than a lot of people.

Reactions: Jaysen
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.