Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2707

Nope just waiting and waiting and waiting, seems like the theme this app season

When have you applied? I applied in November so probably a PFO at this point. Unencouragingly, I have only received one under review email which was sent immediately after my application- no 6-week update under review email.

• 🤝
Reactions: M0723

W

Legendary Member
May 12, 2019
When have you applied? I applied in November so probably a PFO at this point. Unencouragingly, I have only received one under review email which was sent immediately after my application- no 6-week update under review email.
Received a 2nd update email last Friday (whatever that means) and applied on deadline but for direct TC

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Question to everyone

After an interview, would you send a letter or email to your interviewers to thank them?

Some people recommend it (good manners, respect etc.), but on the flip side it may not go down well with every firm (looks beggy, artificial)?

What's your thoughts?

Never a letter!

If you are going to do it, email and keep the email exceptionally short (e.g. something they can read on an iPhone screen without scrolling).

Long Dinh

Dec 27, 2019
Worry not on the Kirkland front- I emailed them last week, and they said that their screening process is taking longer than usual due to an unprecedented number of applications. They confirmed that my application was still under review at that point. They aimed to get more outcomes out "within the next week or so". If you still haven't heard back by next week, then there's no harm in emailing them yourself.

Anyone else not heard back from Latham yet by the way?

I haven't heard back from Latham either. I have just sent them an email this morning.

Also haven't heard back from Linklaters, Weil, Squire, Ashurst for their VS :(

Reactions: M777
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.