Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2719a

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
Would love to know what firm this was if you feel comfortable saying?

TBH, I do not think it would be fair of me to bad mouth a firm publicly as this was my experience and I know others who have had very positive ones with the firm. If anyo
Just been rejected by Skadden which is unsurprising given they had their telephone interviews last week - still waiting to hear from Akin Gump and Kirkland post-AC. Fingers crossed!!!
Well done on the ACs. May I ask if you applied for Spring or Summer? Or ticked either?

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    TBH, I do not think it would be fair of me to bad mouth a firm publicly as this was my experience and I know others who have had very positive ones with the firm. If anyo

Well done on the ACs. May I ask if you applied for Spring or Summer? Or ticked either?
    Thanks and both for summer :)

Holly

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Nov 23, 2019
    Any tips for CMS VI?
    I can’t remember much as I did mine in November but the questions weren’t too difficult I don’t think! Try and know why law why CMS and prepare for some competencies. I believe it’s four questions and 90 seconds each. Good luck! :)

Edit: I think the last question was a scenario type question!

Last edited:

Holly

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Nov 23, 2019
    Hi all, how would you answer the following scenario question at interview?:

“How would you react if a senior partner is treating you badly?”

I understand there is no right answer but what would be sensible? Is it best to speak to your supervisor first? HR? The partner?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi all, how would you answer the following scenario question at interview?:

“How would you react if a senior partner is treating you badly?”

I understand there is no right answer but what would be sensible? Is it best to speak to your supervisor first? HR? The partner?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

I’d be shocked if you were asked this.

1) it seems a really odd question, especially where it so specific with who it is

2) it doesn’t really seem to put the firm in a good light

3) it isn’t an appropriate question for an interview as there is no context around it

My answer would be “it depends on the context: what do you mean by badly; what’s my working relationship with the partner”

but IF you are stupidly asked this question, the answer is speak to the partner directly in the instance. Escalate if and when necessary

Last edited:

Holly

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Nov 23, 2019
    I’d be shocked if you were asked this.

1) it seems a really odd question, especially where it so specific with who it is

2) it doesn’t really seem to put the firm in a good light

3) it isn’t an appropriate question for an interview as there is no context around it

My answer would be “it depends on the context: what do you mean by badly; what’s my working relationship with the partner”

but IF you are stupidly asked this question, the answer is speak to the partner directly in the instance. Escalate if and when necessary

Brilliant thanks Jessica, very helpful :)

Star Member
    Sep 4, 2019
    Anyone not heard from Bakers at all for summer? Is it safe to assume it's a no if they're already helds AC's and I haven't had a WG invite?

Also, has anyone heard from Reed Smith for summer after submitting the questions? I sent mine before Christmas.

Reactions: ComplianceChange
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.