Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pallatablelawyer

Legendary Member
Jun 12, 2019
For the past year, I have seen posts from you guys after receiving vac schemes and seeing your happiness was so motivating. I always wanted to know what it really felt like.

I can finally say, NOW I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After nearly 30 applications, countless rejections, 5 failed assessment centres and some disastrous video interviews, I HAVE BEEN OFFERED A PLACE WITH JONES DAY!

Thank you to everyone who gave me help and motivation!!!!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Congratulations man !! So happy for you !

• 🤝
Reactions: Harvey

Lumree

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Highest Rated Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    I hope I’m not the only one thinking this but... what does PFO stand for!? I assume it’s to do with a rejection but I can’t for the life of me work out what it stands for and it’s bugging me!

Reactions: w2719a, GM and SRW

ComplianceChange

Legendary Member
    May 16, 2019
    For the past year, I have seen posts from you guys after receiving vac schemes and seeing your happiness was so motivating. I always wanted to know what it really felt like.

I can finally say, NOW I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After nearly 30 applications, countless rejections, 5 failed assessment centres and some disastrous video interviews, I HAVE BEEN OFFERED A PLACE WITH JONES DAY!

Thank you to everyone who gave me help and motivation!!!!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Oh my god yessssss! Well done!!!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Harvey

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi all.

Does anyone have any experience in asking firms to move them from a spring to summer scheme?

I received an offer last week and was told on the phone that they are flexible on this and that I should just drop them an email requesting the change in schemes officially, which I did the very next day.

It's been a week since I emailed and still no reply from the firm. I know grad rec are busy and I may just be very paranoid but I am lowkey worried that they may have just revoked my offer.

Should I keep chasing the firm up until I get a reply (keeping in mind this is peak recruitment season) or should I just trust that all is well and I'll get a summer offer when they've finished recruiting for summer?

plenty of experience of it from the other end.

just call them. Emails can easily get lost in 100s of other emails.

They won’t revoke your offer just for asking. At worst they will say they can’t move you, and you will have to make a call on whether the decline your offer or not.

You can’t make the assumption you have been moved to summer, and it’s reasonable that with the Sprint scheme weeks away, you need to know whether you have been moved or not.

Reactions: Daniel Boden

J700F

Feb 5, 2020
    Hi all,

I interviewed at slaughter and may for the summer work experience scheme 3 weeks ago today and still haven't heard from them. Is anyone else in this situation? Should I email them and ask for an update? I don't want to pester !

Thanks in advance

• 🤝
    Reactions: 202023r and Holly

JayB

Legendary Member
    May 16, 2019
    Hi all,

I interviewed at slaughter and may for the summer work experience scheme 3 weeks ago today and still haven't heard from them. Is anyone else in this situation? Should I email them and ask for an update? I don't want to pester !

Thanks in advance

Email them, 3 weeks is a long time!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi all,

Thanks in advance

no call them

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    plenty of experience of it from the other end.

just call them. Emails can easily get lost in 100s of other emails.

They won’t revoke your offer just for asking. At worst they will say they can’t move you, and you will have to make a call on whether the decline your offer or not.

You can’t make the assumption you have been moved to summer, and it’s reasonable that with the Sprint scheme weeks away, you need to know whether you have been moved or not.

Thank you so much Jessica!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.