Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan28

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 12, 2019
I know it's such a given but guys do get a gooood night sleep before your interviews! So dumb but my uni student mindset kicked in and made me think I could do a whole day of assessment on max 3-4 hours of sleep - no wonder why I felt like I wasn't switched on and forgot everything I wanted to talk about only to remember once it was too late. Just a lil PSA!!

Karin

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 25, 2019
    I've just been invited to the next stage for Pwc. This is a massive shock as I thought that game went awful. Anyone have any tips? It says the duration is 50 minutes!!
    Send me a message and I'll reply as soon as I can! I did the Career Conversation with them last year

Karin

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 25, 2019
    I know it's such a given but guys do get a gooood night sleep before your interviews! So dumb but my uni student mindset kicked in and made me think I could do a whole day of assessment on max 3-4 hours of sleep - no wonder why I felt like I wasn't switched on and forgot everything I wanted to talk about only to remember once it was too late. Just a lil PSA!!

I used to be like that especially with exams. However, what I have learned is that if I do not go to bed, I am not going to remember anything (learned the hard way when I slept 3 hours before my Tort exam and literally did not remember what I wrote in the exam after I got home). I think planning is essential, but if it gets past 12 now, I close my notes and go to sleep! It is only going to stress you out and in the end, during assesment centre, it is about the knowledge, but even more about how you think/come across/communicate etc. which you can do better on good nights sleep!

NickyRaykes

Star Member
    Feb 28, 2019
    same, same. Definitely not applying there again, waste of time. After pressing them they told me I was rejected due to insufficient academics. Considering that’s AAA and high first for me, this is nothing short of laughable!
    Omg that is absolutely ridiculous!!! Classic example of there being no fixed rule to this TC/VS struggle! Could I ask if they sent you an email rejection, or did you have to call them up to find out? I haven't heard from them and I did the GBA first week of Jan.

AH9891

Valued Member
    Jan 11, 2020
    Omg that is absolutely ridiculous!!! Classic example of there being no fixed rule to this TC/VS struggle! Could I ask if they sent you an email rejection, or did you have to call them up to find out? I haven't heard from them and I did the GBA first week of Jan.

emailed first, heard nothing and then followed up with a phone call and was told I should have already received the rejection. I spent more time on this one than any other application and content wise the people that have proof read it for me have commented how impressive it is, so I pressed for reasons for rejection and she said content was good but grades were insufficient. What a joke. Definitely makes you wonder if they even look at all applications.

Last edited:

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    same, same. Definitely not applying there again, waste of time. After pressing them they told me I was rejected due to insufficient academics. Considering that’s AAA and high first for me, this is nothing short of laughable!

I suspect that isn’t truthful and was just a quick/not thought through response

EvaK

Star Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 19, 2019
    emailed first, heard nothing and then followed up with a phone call and was told I should have already received the rejection. I spent more time on this one than any other application and content wise the people that have proof read it for me have commented how impressive it is, so I pressed for reasons for rejection and she said content was good but grades were insufficient. What a joke. Definitely makes you wonder if they even look at all applications.
    This is so disappointing to hear :( also, something's clearly gone wrong on their end, to my knowledge nobody has received any rejection emails yet or has any clue what has happened to their applications (apart from those who have already had their AC).

Reactions: AH9891
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.