Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roland

Distinguished Member
Jan 10, 2019
Anyone still waiting from Hogan Lovells post-WG test for direct TC? I read that someone (for a summer VS) got rejected post-test on here so wonder if they are prioritising VS applications over TC.

ZH

Esteemed Member
Nov 14, 2019
I created a 'prep' document with top commercial awareness stories, how to go through an M&A case, what is a PE/VC etc, and I went through the TCLA forum on A&O that gave me an overview of typical interview questions and prepared answers to them/examples to talk about. I highly recommend Finimize for brief and well-explained news stories in a daily newsletter and their app has a great daily 7 min podcast that I listened to on my way to lectures. My university also did mock interviews and has free access to the Job Test Prep site which had practice consulting cases and I used them to get familiar with basic balance sheet calculations and case structures even though they weren't law specific – hope that's helpful!

Thank you so much for this!! Very useful tips and insight :)

Reactions: M1999

Holly

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Nov 23, 2019
I haven’t heard anything back yet. I genuinely don’t know how to feel given people have been both rejected and accepted at this point.

I was about to respond to your PM but will reply here as I have had quite a few PMs about this! I think it's not to worry if you haven't heard back. Firstly, you haven't been rejected and that's good!! I think because they are a new team, things may take slightly longer than normal. Also, I think they are focusing on the spring first year schemes, and will sort out summer a little later. I hope you both have good news soon. I know they are interviewing for another month or so too so plenty of AC spots still up for grabs

ZH

Esteemed Member
Nov 14, 2019
I was about to respond to your PM but will reply here as I have had quite a few PMs about this! I think it's not to worry if you haven't heard back. Firstly, you haven't been rejected and that's good!! I think because they are a new team, things may take slightly longer than normal. Also, I think they are focusing on the spring first year schemes, and will sort out summer a little later. I hope you both have good news soon. I know they are interviewing for another month or so too so plenty of AC spots still up for grabs

Thanks for this Holly! I wasnt aware - hopefully we'll hear good news soon! :)

• 🤝
Reactions: Holly

ibs97

Legendary Member
Jan 20, 2020
Did you subscribe to Finimize Premium? I've had the app for ages but I've not explored their packs at all as I've been rather busy and getting by with FT articles and Daily Briefing so far

Yep I subscribed just for a month bc it's quite expensive! Basically the finimize daily briefing is exactly what they send out in the newsletter but read out to you which is good if you're commuting etc! The packs on M&A, PE and cryptocurrency are all really good and explain the topic well for beginners so I would highly recommend them too, it's much more approachable than the FT briefing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.