Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
How long does it roughly take for them to get back? Also will it be by call or email? Thanks Jessica.

No set time. They will get back to you as soon as they can, but when I was there that was known to take up to two weeks (at the worst).

Could be either

M1999

Legendary Member
Nov 28, 2019
Travers Smith rejection post-interview - bit gutted as I really don't see where I'm going wrong at this point but hopefully the feedback is useful
Please don’t feel discouraged dan! You seem extremely talented and you’ve helped a lot of people on this site. I’m sure your time is coming and I really really hope everything goes well for you :)

Sara

Star Member
Premium Member
Apr 17, 2018
Does anyone have any tips for BCLP's AC?

Hi, so the day is a case study, presentation+ interview and then negotiation

Case Study
It was quite simple. You just have to look at the pros and cons of each decision. You will be presenting your findings so make sure you have a structure you can follow and brief notes to refer to.

Interview,
Depends on your interviewer but it should be competency based. Even if they ask you in the format as a trainee...still refer to your previous experiences. Also make sure you know how law firms work as a business

Negotiation
Be firm sometimes. We were deducted loads of points for not actually finishing and rushing at the end, so have a hard-line and make sure the other group know what it is so you can move on

• 🤝
Reactions: Eva and Iman

Lumree

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Highest Rated Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    Did anyone NOT get an email from Travers Smith last week? It’s been *crickets* since I applied

When did you apply? I applied in October and did get it last week. It may be the case they send it to everyone before a certain date.

There must method in the madness, but we’ll never know what it is - and that goes for any firm’s Grad process!

tractor12

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 6, 2019
    Travers Smith rejection post-interview - bit gutted as I really don't see where I'm going wrong at this point but hopefully the feedback is useful
    Really sorry/surprised to hear. You will get one in the end.

Also rejected today from Travers post-interview, although I expected this. Just frustrating as it's so difficult to get an interview I feel like I've wasted such a rare opportunity.

Iman

Oct 18, 2019
    Hi, so the day is a case study, presentation+ interview and then negotiation

Case Study
    It was quite simple. You just have to look at the pros and cons of each decision. You will be presenting your findings so make sure you have a structure you can follow and brief notes to refer to.

Interview,
    Depends on your interviewer but it should be competency based. Even if they ask you in the format as a trainee...still refer to your previous experiences. Also make sure you know how law firms work as a business

Negotiation
    Be firm sometimes. We were deducted loads of points for not actually finishing and rushing at the end, so have a hard-line and make sure the other group know what it is so you can move on

Thank you so much Sara!

Helena

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 28, 2018
    Really sorry/surprised to hear. You will get one in the end.

Also rejected today from Travers post-interview, although I expected this. Just frustrating as it's so difficult to get an interview I feel like I've wasted such a rare opportunity.
    Sorry to hear of your rejection too. Never wasted though. Rejection makes us grow, however hard it is to digest. Keep fighting.

Serah O

Star Member
    Nov 28, 2018
    When did you apply? I applied in October and did get it last week. It may be the case they send it to everyone before a certain date.

There must method in the madness, but we’ll never know what it is - and that goes for any firm’s Grad process!
    I applied mid December and debating whether to email them for an update. I’ve been pretty patient so far.

Reactions: Holly and Lumree
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.