Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

E.A

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Dec 11, 2019
If it is automatic then why would it take 3 weeks to be sent? Also, on their website it states do well at each stage and you get invited to the next round. It is therefore more reasonable to assume that they would review your application and then send tests. Then following that they probably review your app alongside your score and compare to other candidates.

If it was automatic then it would be sent straight away. Just my thought.
I spoke to grad rec at their open day and she confirmed they only reviewed your application IF the WG is passed!

D95

Valued Member
Premium Member
Sep 17, 2019
Just received a PFO after an application that I spent hours on - one that I was quite sure was one of my best to date and which was actually reviewed for me by two people, including a current trainee at the said firm. I honestly do not know what went wrong, I am scanning it right now and I keep wondering what they did not like about it.

I still have one AC and a final round interview lined up in the coming weeks so I probably should focus on these two, but man, it hurts :(

GM

Jan 31, 2020
Just received a WG invite from NRF for the Summer Vac Scheme! I applied on Jan 17. So for those still waiting, good news may be coming your way! Also, don't overthink when you submitted your app as they seem to be reviewing them in no particular order (people who applied later than I did have received WG invites before).

Still a lot of work to be done but it feels really nice after having been rejected from CC and Simmons (after spending a crazy amount of time on those apps) during this application cycle.

SG

Future Trainee
Jan 16, 2020
Does it ever mean anything when a firm says post-AC that they will get back to you early the following week via phone call regardless of outcome but then proceeds to leave you waiting for weeks (24 days and counting)?

which firm is this if you don't mind me asking?

J32

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Apr 4, 2019
Just received a PFO after an application that I spent hours on - one that I was quite sure was one of my best to date and which was actually reviewed for me by two people, including a current trainee at the said firm. I honestly do not know what went wrong, I am scanning it right now and I keep wondering what they did not like about it.

I still have one AC and a final round interview lined up in the coming weeks so I probably should focus on these two, but man, it hurts :(

I completely get you - this happened for 2 firms I really wanted this cycle! As much as it sucks and I am sick of hearing it, everything happens for a reason. I just think harsh reflection is the way forward. Best of luck with the AC and final round interview :)

M&ALawyer

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Jul 29, 2019
Rejection from Morgan Lewis post interview. Was expected as my interview was quite odd, and I'm not sure I really fit into the culture there.

Has anyone heard back from Squire Patton Boggs (London office) following the AC last week?

• 🤝
Reactions: Pallatablelawyer
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.