Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyRaykes

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
With fear of asking a dumb question - if my deadline to complete a video interview is "25 February 2020 (GMT+ 00:00)" does that mean I have all day on the 25 February until midnight to complete it (meaning anytime before 00:01 which now becomes 26 February)?

Star Member
Sep 4, 2019
Soo I had a VS interview that I felt went well, but on reflection I have realised that I totally missed a why them question. I was asked what was my stratergy for applications and I just stated it, I didn't link it back to them or anything . And now I've realised I didnt say why them for me other than in my applications. I did discuss things about them in other questions, what sets them apart, depts, etc but not like why them for me. This is a complete fail right, even if everything else went well?

bronson

Distinguished Member
Nov 23, 2018
I just checked another couple of forums and no one I can find on there has heard. Nothing we can do except wait it out.

if you guys are talking about Cooley then I got a WG invite yesterday saying that shortlisted candidates for the AC would find out by 28th Feb. Hope that helps clarification

Last edited:
Reactions: PEN1

Nat000

Esteemed Member
Future Trainee
  • Feb 14, 2020
    Soo I had a VS interview that I felt went well, but on reflection I have realised that I totally missed a why them question. I was asked what was my stratergy for applications and I just stated it, I didn't link it back to them or anything . And now I've realised I didnt say why them for me other than in my applications. I did discuss things about them in other questions, what sets them apart, depts, etc but not like why them for me. This is a complete fail right, even if everything else went well?

Seriously, 100% don't worry about it. I didn't say 'why them' one single time in my interview and it was fine. There's no need to answer a question they haven't asked.

Also, I know it's tempting but don't endlessly rehash your interview in your head! It won't have any productive effect and it'll just make you feel awful, probably needlessly so.

Charles

Distinguished Member
    Sep 25, 2019
    Thanks mate - it’s certainly a case of making more applications and waiting to get there. I try not let rejections get to me, and usually I completely understand the feedback/rationale for a decision as it can be competitive.

In this case though I am really lost onto what I did wrong and what I can do to improve in the future - which is just incredibly frustrating!

You welcome.
    Maybe thats where the issue is: you are looking for what you did wrong sometimes it could be the law firm did wrong [by
    rejecting you] hehehe.

• Haha
    • 🤝
    Reactions: Holly, Zsaurcaks1 and GM

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    With fear of asking a dumb question - if my deadline to complete a video interview is "25 February 2020 (GMT+ 00:00)" does that mean I have all day on the 25 February until midnight to complete it (meaning anytime before 00:01 which now becomes 26 February)?

If it is Launchpad, it should mean 23.59 on 25 February.

EJ

Star Member
    Dec 27, 2019
    I completely agree with the other response! It's really easy to stress yourself out overthinking after an interview, but at the end of the day everyone is nervous and the interviewer will know that so I'm sure you'll be fine. There's always a question that you think you could have answered better, but everyone is in the same boat. I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine :)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019

if they needed to hear that from you, they would have asked the question directly.

Reactions: Abstruser and 003
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.