Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
How late before a VS can a firm still offer someone on standby a place? Not sure when to accept it as rejection and make other plans

I would go back to the firm and ask whether you are first reserve. You can be put on a reserve list and actually be in a list of several people, some of which could be ahead of you in the list.

I’d also start making plans anyway. You can’t put your life on hold with what is a small chance of something happening.

Also it is not a rejection.... you’ve been deemed appropriate to make an offer to.

• ℹ️
Reactions: Aurochschiette

Harvey

Distinguished Member
Nov 11, 2018
With fear of asking a dumb question - if my deadline to complete a video interview is "25 February 2020 (GMT+ 00:00)" does that mean I have all day on the 25 February until midnight to complete it (meaning anytime before 00:01 which now becomes 26 February)?

No, it means you have all day on the 24th of February and expires at midnight!

Reactions: NickyRaykes

NickyRaykes

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
I've got another question I'd love your thoughts on TCLA family - if I've been placed "on hold" for an AC, but the date they told me to hold is in less than a week, should I reach out to the firm to confirm if I have a place? In their original email they said they "might" contact me with very short notice so I should keep X date free. I don't want to seem super pushy, but equally, I might break the whole internet if I keep refreshing my emails this much!

M1999

Legendary Member
Nov 28, 2019
I've got another question I'd love your thoughts on TCLA family - if I've been placed "on hold" for an AC, but the date they told me to hold is in less than a week, should I reach out to the firm to confirm if I have a place? In their original email they said they "might" contact me with very short notice so I should keep X date free. I don't want to seem super pushy, but equally, I might break the whole internet if I keep refreshing my emails this much!
I think it’s because they’re waiting to hear the results of a previous AC. If they’ve offered up all the places, it would be pointless to give you an AC. It’s horrible waiting but I don’t think they’ll tell you any sooner. but that’s just my take on it!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019

keep the day free.

no point in endless refreshing emails. Just check it 2-3 times throughout the working day. They will probably call if it’s urgent/short notice.

NickMcK

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019

I would give them a call today and ask when they can let you know, especially if you need to arrange complex travel and an overnight stay to attend because this can't always be done with 1-2 days notice.

Reactions: NickyRaykes

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I think it’s because they’re waiting to hear the results of a previous AC. If they’ve offered up all the places, it would be pointless to give you an AC. It’s horrible waiting but I don’t think they’ll tell you any sooner. but that’s just my take on it!

This or they have experienced high withdrawal/decline rates in the past and so are checking to see how that goes too.

Louise20

Feb 21, 2020
Has anyone heard from Mishcon post VI? I completed my VI on the 9th Jan and haven’t heard anything! I’ve seen other people secure a VC with them in the past week so I think this one may end up being a rejection!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.