Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I have a Hogan Lovells interview for their summer scheme (15 June - 3 July) but just got an internship which begins from 29th June, so overlapping by a week. There's no chance that HL will allow me to do a 2 week scheme, right?

You can ask, but there is a strong chance they will say no.

Helena

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Feb 28, 2018
Stay healthy you all, this interview season can be very stressful and can wreak havoc on your immune system.

I've just been diagnosed with the good ol' mumps, and my doctor suspects that I could've contracted it through all that travelling to London for ACs. o_O All that travelling + stress could have done it (think I lost at least a kilo or two in the past few weeks)
Poor you. Get well soon.

thirdtimelucky

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Nov 12, 2019
    Waiting on five now and the longer time goes on the less positive I’m feeling! Haven’t got through post app at all yet - which is deflating in the midst of interview season.
    Honestly same, I only got to VI on one app and that felt like a fluke tbh! It feels very deflating but just getting an application in can be the hardest part and every rejection serves as a way of building an even better application for the next round/TC apps! We have to stay strong, plus no word = no bad news (yet) !!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Lumree
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.