Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

am787

Oct 15, 2018
Hey congrats! I was wondering how long it took for you to hear back from them? I've only done their first stage interview early Feb and not heard back yet! :)

Hey thank you! I was invited to a first round interview in December and attended it a couple weeks back. I heard back the day after. It is only one interview for the vac scheme. Did you apply for a direct TC?

Dheepa

Legendary Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Post AC rejection from HSF today. Not surprised as I found it to be one of the hardest ACs I’ve done and I’m not even rlly sure how keen I was on the firm anyway.

But a rejection is a rejection and still stings quite a bit haha. Hopefully feedback is helpful

acceleratedlaw

Legendary Member
    Jan 27, 2020
    Hi all, i have received two offers from two firms for the summer but they unfortunately overlap with each other. i emailed one of the firms about changing my scheme to an earlier one, and it appears the lady in charge is right now away on holiday till next week and i wont know till shes back (and I need to respond to the second offer by thurs of this week). what do u think my next course of action should be? pls help guys i really dont wanna choose one or the other

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi all, i have received two offers from two firms for the summer but they unfortunately overlap with each other. i emailed one of the firms about changing my scheme to an earlier one, and it appears the lady in charge is right now away on holiday till next week and i wont know till shes back (and I need to respond to the second offer by thurs of this week). what do u think my next course of action should be? pls help guys i really dont wanna choose one or the other

Have you spoken to the other firm to see if they have any flexibility?

Unfortunately a lot of people have to make this decision to turn vacation schemes down. Law is pretty unique in the sense it allow people to do multiple short internships. Most other industries you'd be committed for the whole summer and wouldn't be able to do multiple internships so would have to turn someone down.

Helena

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 28, 2018
    they only have one scheme option, so i cant change their dates. i have yet to tell either firms that i have two offers as of now
    Maybe you should say that you have another offer to the firm that offers other dates even though the woman in charge is away. If you don't say you will have to refuse one, so you have nothing to lose by seeing if someone else can make the decision in her absence.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    they only have one scheme option, so i cant change their dates. i have yet to tell either firms that i have two offers as of now

Three options then:

1) Ask for an extension from the second firm and say it is because you need to hear back from another offer to see if there is any flexibility with dates
    2) Accept the offer and then risk reneging (if it is not your priority)
    3) Decline the offer outright if it is not your priority

Obviously 2 or 3 could still happen if the answer to 1 is no

Obviously depends on which firm you would pick if you had to choose though. Be ready to make that decision sometime soon...

• ℹ️
    Reactions: anon0408

acceleratedlaw

Legendary Member
    Jan 27, 2020
    Three options then:

1) Ask for an extension from the second firm and say it is because you need to hear back from another offer to see if there is any flexibility with dates
    2) Accept the offer and then risk reneging (if it is not your priority)
    3) Decline the offer outright if it is not your priority

Obviously 2 or 3 could still happen if the answer to 1 is no

Obviously depends on which firm you would pick if you had to choose though. Be ready to make that decision sometime soon...

thank youu. i think im going to go for option A and maybe tell the other firm too - might be that honesty is the best policy!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.