Hello!

harblack2

Mar 23, 2022
Hi everyone,
I'm a GDL student at the University of Law. I started applying for vacation schemes and training while living abroad last year, got onto a vacation scheme and assessment centre then but in both failed at the interview stage.
Sending out applications again this year, managed to arrange two vacation schemes so far, one Spring and one Summer. Just did another assessment centre today and got a Watson Glaser to do this week.
Main concern is still interviews, had two firms this cycle where I've been able to get to the final interview and still haven't quite got the hang of them I think. Hoping to pick up some advice here and happy to pass on what I've found out so far.
Anyway, good to meet you all.

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi everyone,
    I'm a GDL student at the University of Law. I started applying for vacation schemes and training while living abroad last year, got onto a vacation scheme and assessment centre then but in both failed at the interview stage.
    Sending out applications again this year, managed to arrange two vacation schemes so far, one Spring and one Summer. Just did another assessment centre today and got a Watson Glaser to do this week.
    Main concern is still interviews, had two firms this cycle where I've been able to get to the final interview and still haven't quite got the hang of them I think. Hoping to pick up some advice here and happy to pass on what I've found out so far.
    Welcome to our forum. It's great to have you on here and congratulations on your vacation schemes!

George Maxwell

Administrator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer 50
    Oct 25, 2021
    Hi everyone,
    Hey @harblack2,

It's great to have you join the community! Congratulations on your VS successes too.

I am one of the Community Managers at TCLA and would be delighted to help you if I can. This is a thread where myself and the other CMs introduce ourselves. It is great to meet you.

Please feel free to reach out and tag me (or any other member of the team) if you would like anything 🚀

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.