Hello!

12ualha22

Jul 30, 2022
Hi everybody! :)

I graduated in Law last year. I'm from Hong Kong and I studied in the UK, but I'm based in Hong Kong at the moment. Throughout university, I was passionate about human rights and briefly entertained the idea of qualifying as a Barrister in England and Wales, but after graduating, I decided I would rather pursue my interest in commercial law instead. I'm still passionate about human rights though! 😊

I plan on applying to international law firms in Hong Kong and qualifying as a solicitor in Hong Kong. I applied to a few vac schemes back in 2019/2020 but didn't get past the video interview round. I've never applied to law firms in Hong Kong before, but it's a similar procedure to how it is in England (vacation scheme/summer internship, direct TC or both options available).

I've just completed a six month legal internship and have been taking the exams needed to qualify here in Hong Kong. Sicne it's my first (serious...) round of applications, I don't really know what to expect, but I'm looking forward to the journey ahead. I wish everybody here good luck too!

If anybody wants to chat with me, I'm totally down! I woud love to hear about any opinions or experiences about applications that everyone else has, it doesn't really matter what it is, it's all relevant! 😎

Last edited:

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Hi everybody! :)

I graduated in Law last year. I'm frong Hong Kong and I studied in the UK, but I'm based in Hong Kong at the moment. Throughout university, I was passionate about human rights and briefly entertained the idea of qualifying as a Barrister in England and Wales, but after graduating, I decided I would rather pursue my interest in commercial law instead. I'm still passionate about human rights though! 😊

I plan on applying to international law firms in Hong Kong and qualifying as a solicitor in Hong Kong. I applied to a few vac schemes back in 2019/2020 but didn't get past the video interview round. I've never applied to law firms in Hong Kong before, but it's a similar procedure to how it is in England (vacation scheme/summer internship, direct TC or both options available).

I've just completed a six month legal internship have been taking the exams needed to qualify here in Hong Kong. Sicne it's my first (serious...) round of applications, I don't really know what to expect, but I'm looking forward to the journey ahead. I wish everybody here good luck too!

If anybody wants to chat with me, I'm totally down! I woud love to hear about any opinions or experiences about applications that everyone else has, it doesn't really matter what it is, it's all relevant! 😎
Welcome to TCLA @12ualha22! I hope you find the support you're looking for here on the forum and I encourage you to post here if you have any questions about the application process. Wishing you the best! 😊

Reactions: 12ualha22

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.