Hill Dickinson 2020/2021

philjones

Feb 4, 2021
Hi, I’m sorry to hear that! This year has been really competitive for all firms.

I made it right through to the end last year but didn’t manage to secure a TC from the scheme. They were really keen on me applying again this year and I have got the scheme again. I did reword my application, but they also added another question anyway! When it came to the ones that were the same from last year I immediately saw areas to improve etc so I do think it will come naturally/won’t be a chore to polish your application again. (I kept the work experience section the same other than adding in bits I had done inbetween the rejection and re applying)

Hope that helps!
Hi! How did you find the presentation + interview last year? Could you read from notes? Was the interview focussed on the presentation or just general competency/commercial awareness Q's?

Thanks a lot!

liverpoollawyer

Esteemed Member
Feb 10, 2021
Hi! How did you find the presentation + interview last year? Could you read from notes? Was the interview focussed on the presentation or just general competency/commercial awareness Q's?

Thanks a lot!
Hiya! I actually quite enjoyed them to be honest as you had a choice of options. Yep I could read off my notes and just shared my screen with the power point on.
I had one or two questions on the presentation then just straight into the interview as to why you and why that route etc etc and some competency/situational questions too

Ps - I received an email with my timetable on today plus my interview date so all keep an eye out x

Reactions: philjones

Num

Distinguished Member
Feb 24, 2021
Hiya! I actually quite enjoyed them to be honest as you had a choice of options. Yep I could read off my notes and just shared my screen with the power point on.
I had one or two questions on the presentation then just straight into the interview as to why you and why that route etc etc and some competency/situational questions too

Ps - I received an email with my timetable on today plus my interview date so all keep an eye out x
Hi I also finally received my timetable and final interview slot for the insight scheme!!
Kinda getting nervous on how best to prepare for the scheme itself, can you shed some light on the scheme itself?

liverpoollawyer

Esteemed Member
Feb 10, 2021
Hi I also finally received my timetable and final interview slot for the insight scheme!!
Kinda getting nervous on how best to prepare for the scheme itself, can you shed some light on the scheme itself?
Hi! There’s not an awful lot to be honest as last year it was all just talks that you could submit your questions for. Would say just have a look over your research etc to remind yourself and start preparing for interview too!

Reactions: Num

Num

Distinguished Member
Feb 24, 2021
Hi all,
Does anyone know how long the presentation is supposed to be and then how long roughly the interview is?
Many thanks
Hi! I believe the presentation lasts around 10mins with the interview following. I have a slot for 30mins only so I’m presuming it’s all within those 30mins :)

Num

Distinguished Member
Feb 24, 2021
Hey does anyone know how many places are for each of the TC positions in London? I personally applied for the Marine TC

Thanks!
Hey!

I attended the insight scheme yesterday and they basically alluded to the fact they only have a small trainee intake of 12/15 which is split across all sites. So I'm guessing for London its probably 2-4 (business, marine and health) as they did also say its not always a set number!

liverpoollawyer

Esteemed Member
Feb 10, 2021
And that is a wrap....
Just had my presentation and final interview! Got to say they were gentle but even that caught me out! Can't think too much of it now, so just fingers crossed.
Good luck to everyone else - one tip would just relax and breathe, it's not as bad you think! ☺️
Well done! Hope it went well and you can relax now

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
And that is a wrap....
Just had my presentation and final interview! Got to say they were gentle but even that caught me out! Can't think too much of it now, so just fingers crossed.
Good luck to everyone else - one tip would just relax and breathe, it's not as bad you think! ☺️
Good luck to you, I hope you're successful :)

Christina93

Jul 1, 2020
And that is a wrap....
Good luck - hope it went well! And congrats on making it to the end of a looooooong process... haha

Lancasterlaww

Mar 12, 2021
How useful/necessary was the testing of microsoft teams software ahead of the vacation scheme? None of the dates really worked for me and I thought its not that important because they highlighted that it isn't mandatory, but the closer it gets to the scheme the more worried I get about it :/

TLS_

Feb 7, 2021
How useful/necessary was the testing of microsoft teams software ahead of the vacation scheme? None of the dates really worked for me and I thought its not that important because they highlighted that it isn't mandatory, but the closer it gets to the scheme the more worried I get about it :/
I would test out screen sharing for the presentation...especially if you are a Mac user! You can do this in your own time:)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.