Hill Dickinson 2020/2021

Num

Distinguished Member
Feb 24, 2021
Hi guys, during the pandemic I attended the Bright Network internship for commercial awareness and one of the sessions involved legal drafting/research. The 'lecturer' very kindly made available her slides and comments to everyone who attended. I happened to find it just now and was surprised I still have this, so I thought it may be very useful for those who have written exercises tomorrow to take a look as some points are good! Let me know how you get on 🤞

Attachments

• Bright Network - Tips for Writing Legal Advice - July 2020.pdf
    83.8 KB · Views: 134

Christina93

Jul 1, 2020
Mine does too. It says we need to be on call and on mute. So I’m unsure if it means to be sharing screens or camera on. The actually written exercise we are to do on our own word (with many options disabled) and then email across - all within the hour?
So I think we have an hour from the moment we open the document to write our answers and then a 10 min leeway at the end to email it. That's what I gathered based on the timings they gave in my instructions.

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
Me too - have a feeling they’ll defo have a way of checking😬
There may be a way of checking whether it was disabled on the document?

I'm actually a little worried because I just checked mine back after finishing and there are zero spelling mistakes. And no *real* grammar mistakes, apart from a couple of sentences where the suggested wording is more 'concise'. So I'm hoping they do have a way of checking because I wouldn't want to be accused of cheating. I didn't - I just kept things nice and simple.

I really enjoyed the exercise though, I have to say!

anaa

Standard Member
Mar 14, 2021
There may be a way of checking whether it was disabled on the document?

I'm actually a little worried because I just checked mine back after finishing and there are zero spelling mistakes. And no *real* grammar mistakes, apart from a couple of sentences where the suggested wording is more 'concise'. So I'm hoping they do have a way of checking because I wouldn't want to be accused of cheating. I didn't - I just kept things nice and simple.

I really enjoyed the exercise though, I have to say!
I’ll hold you to that🤣🤣🤣 I hope I feel like that too

Wannabelawyer10

Feb 27, 2021
What the recruiters see when I'm doing the exercise 😭

The Big Lebowski What GIF by MOODMAN

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.