Hill Dickinson 2020/2021

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
I've got my VI for London Health tomorrow, has anyone got any tips? This is the furthest I've got from all my applications and really don't want to mess it up 😩 Will it be like competition questions/commercial awareness or will it be about the role itself? Like do the questions differ depending on which route you've applied for? Thanks guys 🤝
Have a flick through this thread. I know that a few people have given an idea of what questions they were asked. Good luck!

• 🤝
Reactions: northernlawstud

panzerfahrer

Star Member
Feb 12, 2021
I'm having mixed feelings about how my VI just went. I'm also a bit confused about how they can pick someone after 3 questions, WG and written test?? Surely there's more?! Also it seems like everyone has been asked to do all of the stages - havent heard about any PFOs - watch how I get one now for tempting fate though.

liverpoollawyer

Esteemed Member
Feb 10, 2021
I'm having mixed feelings about how my VI just went. I'm also a bit confused about how they can pick someone after 3 questions, WG and written test?? Surely there's more?! Also it seems like everyone has been asked to do all of the stages - havent heard about any PFOs - watch how I get one now for tempting fate though.
Last year they didn’t actually have the written test, it was just app WG then interview and the written test was done as part of the insight scheme. I know what you mean but I guess the insight scheme could be seen as a “step” in the TC process instead?

Plus, my friend had a PFO post-WG but it is true I’ve not seen many others

panzerfahrer

Star Member
Feb 12, 2021
Last year they didn’t actually have the written test, it was just app WG then interview and the written test was done as part of the insight scheme. I know what you mean but I guess the insight scheme could be seen as a “step” in the TC process instead?

Plus, my friend had a PFO post-WG but it is true I’ve not seen many others
I didn't apply for the insight scheme. Just the TC - I also saw online somewhere that they recruit basically 50/50 from insight schemes and straight TC apps. So it feels a little odd - especially when I've just gone through a much more thorough process with another firm just for the vac scheme!

Num

Distinguished Member
Feb 24, 2021
I didn't apply for the insight scheme. Just the TC - I also saw online somewhere that they recruit basically 50/50 from insight schemes and straight TC apps. So it feels a little odd - especially when I've just gone through a much more thorough process with another firm just for the vac scheme!
I do agree the process is less thorough than others - almost makes you question based on what factors they will pick people

liverpoollawyer

Esteemed Member
Feb 10, 2021
Oh sorry I didn’t realise! The separate TC interviews are around the same time as the TC interviews for those on the insight scheme so maybe there is another step inbetween but I don’t have a clue

Reactions: panzerfahrer

Num

Distinguished Member
Feb 24, 2021
For reference I contacted them on Instagram here is what they said:

Hi Num - those who are successful in gaining a place on the insight scheme will be considered for a training contract, via a final panel interview.
The process is the same whether you are applying for an insight scheme and a TC, or just a TC and is: online application form > psychometric test > video interview > written exercise > final panel interview.
The only difference is that those who have applied for the insight scheme and TC, will attend their final panel interview as part of the insight scheme. Those who have applied for a direct TC, will attend the final panel interview as a standalone part of the process.
I hope that helps to clarify, but any other queries please do just get back in touch :)

• ℹ️
Reactions: panzerfahrer and ab1147

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
It's funny you say that because I think some firms make you jump through *too many* hoops. One of my vac schemes applications consisted of: an application form with four 300 word questions, a 30min telephone interview and a five hour assessment centre. I kind of appreciated that the individual steps for HD weren't too intensive/time consuming!

panzerfahrer

Star Member
Feb 12, 2021
It's funny you say that because I think some firms make you jump through *too many* hoops. One of my vac schemes applications consisted of: an application form with four 300 word questions, a 30min telephone interview and a five hour assessment centre. I kind of appreciated that the individual steps for HD weren't too intensive/time consuming!
Yeah I definitely agree that its been less onerous time wise - I'm career-changing so I still work full time but also do the GDL part-time so feeling pretty stretched! I just was feeling that a 10 minute, CV blind interview wasn't enough for them to make a decision. Now I know there's another interview that makes way more sense!

Reactions: Andrew M

MLF

Valued Member
  • Mar 15, 2021
    Just done the VI, I have no idea how that went... Felt like my brain was one of those corkboards in crime shows with all the string 😂
    How long does it take to hear back?
    Congrats! I hope it went well (usually they solve the crime when there's one of those boards!)! I received an invite to the written exercise one week after doing my VI so it should be fairly quick if you're successful.

Fingers crossed!

Marie

• 🤝
    • ℹ️
    Reactions: panzerfahrer and northernlawstud

MLF

Valued Member
  • Mar 15, 2021
    Has anyone heard back? I thought they said we'd have our outcomes by the end of march so I was assuming we'd hear something today! Also does anyone know whether they tend to call or email if youre successful?
    I thought the end of the month deadline was only to figure out the outcome of the interview?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.