how to get a Paralegal interview?

ElleWoods

Jun 10, 2021
Hi,
I’m a career changer with an LLM and GDL (both distinctions). I keep being rejected before interview for Paralegal positions and was wondering if anyone had any tips or tricks as to what makes a good paralegal application or how to get your foot in the door?
Thanks 🙏🏻

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi,
I’m a career changer with an LLM and GDL (both distinctions). I keep being rejected before interview for Paralegal positions and was wondering if anyone had any tips or tricks as to what makes a good paralegal application or how to get your foot in the door?
Thanks 🙏🏻
Try temp or short term contract roles over permanent positions.

Make sure your applications are tailored to the opportunity. A generic cover letter won’t cut it against candidates who have a particular interest in that department, client work and can demonstrate why they have an interest in that area.

Leverage your knowledge. If you have specific knowledge (eg you have some tech experience, your a STEM student, you have fluency in languages etc) utilise this and focus your applications on roles where this knowledge will be beneficial.

Reactions: ElleWoods

shadow-demon

Star Member
May 9, 2021
Hi to piggy-back off this thread, I was wondering if anyone had a list of legal recruiters for paralegal opportunities, specifically for future trainee solicitors?

I feel like someone post a list a while ago on another thread but I cannot find it now.

Thanks!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.