How to include insight days on your CV

09tata

Standard Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2020
Hello , I was just wondering what section would insight days be under in my cv?. Currently the sections in my CV include:

Education
Professional Experience
Legal Experience
Additional Experience
Activities & Interests

Dheepa

Legendary Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Hey!

How do you divide up your experiences between professional, legal and additional - will be easier to comment on where insight/open days fit if I understand your existing system better! Personally, my CV just has a generic Work Experience section and I used to list all the open days I'd been to under a sub-heading Open Days/Insight Evenings.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Some people have a separate section for events and insight programmes, especially if it helps to tidy up the order of their work experience. Such sections often have their own heading such as “Insight and careers events” or “Conferences and Career Events” depending on what they have included in there.

09tata

Standard Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 28, 2020
    Hey!

How do you divide up your experiences between professional, legal and additional - will be easier to comment on where insight/open days fit if I understand your existing system better! Personally, my CV just has a generic Work Experience section and I used to list all the open days I'd been to under a sub-heading Open Days/Insight Evenings.
    Hey,

Sso under my professional is permanence to jobs I,ve had over the years and legal is mini pupillage etc and additional is mostly voluntary work I’ve undertaken.

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Hey,

Sso under my professional is permanence to jobs I,ve had over the years and legal is mini pupillage etc and additional is mostly voluntary work I’ve undertaken.
    I’d probably put it under legal then since it is related! :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.