How to respond: if a firm can set up another firm, where do you recommend?

al97

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
May 30, 2023
Hi all, I have an interview coming up. I understand the title question is quite common for global firms with 30+ offices. I understand that they're trying to test you on your knowledge of the firm, where are their offices, and what sectors they operate in, but does anyone who has come across this question have extra tips? For example, did you demonstrate specific knowledge of a country that has growing potential?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
The thing to stress with this question is they only want your opinion. There is not one right answer to this question.

The strength in the answer is not the location, but more the rationale behind it. The reality is any answer could be “wrong” as there is a reason why they haven’t got an office there right now and so it’s likely that there are things stopping the firm from opening an office in the location you are suggesting. Therefore, how can you create balance to your answers, recognising not only the reasons why a firm could office there, but also why it’s appropriate for them to invest in that particular location/over come the risks or obstacles associated with potentially opening an office there.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.