How to structure situational scenario answers?

hopefullawyer101

Legendary Member
Feb 25, 2021
Have an A&O interview in 2 weeks. I know the GR interview is largely scenario based, like their SJT. Is there a specific structure to follow when giving answers? Or is it all about showing your working.

For example: A scenario where you are moved suddenly from a project and you don't know why. And now have to work with an unknown team.'

I really don't know how to begin approaching answering that, its hard to structure!

Carolinec12

Standard Member
Nov 28, 2019
I wouldn't really say that there's a particular way to answer SJT answers. I would usually say in this situation I would act in the following ways, firstly, secondly & thirdly. If you can add a real life example then that's fantastic but I wouldn't worry if you can't. I would either include the example at the end of your answer or would tailor the answer by using the example , something like I was in a similar situation at X in my role as B, in that situation I actioned two things , this situation prepared me well for these kind of situations and on this basis I would act in Y way etc. Feel free to message me if I'm not being clear.

Also, be prepared for follow up questions where it is the same scenario but with one slight chance or a partner pushes you to see if you change your way.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.