Ince Gordon Dadds TC application: is it worth it?

AndreasS

Jun 12, 2021
Hello all,

I am considering applying for a direct TC for Ince Gordon Dadds. I am interested in them mainly because of their practice areas and because I feel I have somewhat of a foothold with the firm having done an Open Day with them in 2017.

But what I have read about online made me question whether the firm is right for me. The firm seems overly conservative and reluctant to adapt, which led them to near collapse in 2018. Also I have read on Legal Cheek that most trainees agree that post-merger the training has taken a big dip.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Would it be worth applying?

Thank you

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hello all,

I am considering applying for a direct TC for Ince Gordon Dadds. I am interested in them mainly because of their practice areas and because I feel I have somewhat of a foothold with the firm having done an Open Day with them in 2017.

But what I have read about online made me question whether the firm is right for me. The firm seems overly conservative and reluctant to adapt, which led them to near collapse in 2018. Also I have read on Legal Cheek that most trainees agree that post-merger the training has taken a big dip.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Would it be worth applying?

Thank you
Why not apply and let the recruitment process give you a deeper insight? I don’t think there is harm in applying if you think the firm is somewhere you could see yourself working from your open day experience.

AndreasS

Jun 12, 2021
Why not apply and let the recruitment process give you a deeper insight? I don’t think there is harm in applying if you think the firm is somewhere you could see yourself working from your open day experience.
Hi Jessica,
Just wanted to give you an overdue thank you to your response!

I applied in the end and will proceed to the video interview stage. Fingers crossed as I have found this one challenging in the past!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.