Inquiry about 2027 TC cycle

Soumya

Apr 18, 2024
Hello!

I need some guidance on what the general deadlines for securing TC in within law firms. As a 2nd-year student in a five-year law program based in India, I am keen on understanding the timeline typically associated with applying for TCs for 2027 cycle.

Could anyone kindly provide insights into when law firms generally open their applications for vacation schemes / TC positions and the deadlines for submission? Additionally, any advice or recommendations on how to best prepare for this process would be greatly appreciated.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hello!

I need some guidance on what the general deadlines for securing TC in within law firms. As a 2nd-year student in a five-year law program based in India, I am keen on understanding the timeline typically associated with applying for TCs for 2027 cycle.

Could anyone kindly provide insights into when law firms generally open their applications for vacation schemes / TC positions and the deadlines for submission? Additionally, any advice or recommendations on how to best prepare for this process would be greatly appreciated.
Be mindful that for many firms you wouldn’t be applying until 2028 intakes open as you would also need to do an additional year for the SQE before starting the training contract in 2028.

However, the September 2027 / March 2028 cycle is likely to start this late summer, with some firms opening as early as August or September. Deadlines typically are split into two key times - those that finish in December or January. These are typically for people who have graduated or come from a non-law background. Then there will be another window in April-July for penultimate year law undergraduates.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.