Introducing myself(International non-law student who has decided to study law after graduation)

J.Sep

Aug 25, 2022
Hello everyone, I am an international student starting the 3rd year of my 4 year Politics and International Relations undergraduate course. After gaining more work experience, researching the legal field, taking a module in international law, I have decided a career in law would be suitable in terms of what I find interesting and enjoyable. I would like to meet people in a similar situation to myself but also appreciate insider insights. I am interested in the political economy and international relations as well as International Business. I am curious if such a focus is seen favorably in the legal field. Anyway, my current plan is to gain work experience, especially through vacation schemes and hopefully find a feasible way to convert to law after graduation I am not sure how often penultimate non law students take such a route. Either way, feel free to message me if you can relate.

Reactions: Jessica Booker

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Hello everyone, I am an international student starting the 3rd year of my 4 year Politics and International Relations undergraduate course. After gaining more work experience, researching the legal field, taking a module in international law, I have decided a career in law would be suitable in terms of what I find interesting and enjoyable. I would like to meet people in a similar situation to myself but also appreciate insider insights. I am interested in the political economy and international relations as well as International Business. I am curious if such a focus is seen favorably in the legal field. Anyway, my current plan is to gain work experience, especially through vacation schemes and hopefully find a feasible way to convert to law after graduation I am not sure how often penultimate non law students take such a route. Either way, feel free to message me if you can relate.
Hi @J.Sep welcome to TCLA! It's really nice too see you post and introduce yourself. I've found the legal field in the UK, and especially commercial law, to be one of the most welcoming professions to people from different backgrounds and experiences. I've seen students of English literature, geography, maths, engineering and medicine and career changers from all walks of life find a place for themselves here so please rest assured that your interests in political economy IR and business will be seen with interest.

I hope you continue posting here and engaging with the community and I wish you the best in your journey!

Reactions: Jaysen

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.