Introduction! :)

Alvan James

Sep 11, 2021
I am an LLB (Hons) Law graduate from The University of Manchester and a Junior Legal Engineer at SYKE with a strong passion for continuous and consistent progress in my career journey. I have had ample opportunities at growing professionally and legal work experiences that have blessed me with essential skills and knowledge. My career aspirations are imbued with a heightened interest in legal innovation especially through legal technology. I love getting inspired and inspiring others in the legal community where connection and collaboration can do wonders for us all. Building on this trajectory, I aim to refine further my expertise and deliver impeccable service in my current role.

Having come from a heavily disadvantaged and underrepresented background in Malaysia means that it has been extremely challenging even to arrive at this point. I am particularly proud of having fully supported and sustained myself financially throughout my course. I will strive to improve further and give back to the community when the time comes. This background and passion are what inspire me to help others in the volunteering and professional roles that I have taken since university.

At university, I have engaged in many unforgettable experiences through activities and in communities out of school, making lifelong friends. Many of these experiences such as music, characterise who I am, my humanity, and my most artistic expressions. Feel free to check out my acapella groups, the Singles that I am soloing in, and the EPs that we have released and will release later this year! There are links and features of these on my social media accounts below, including LinkedIn. :)

Currently, I am open to work and am still looking for additional roles in the legal industry. I have a lot to offer and am looking for opportunities where I can prove my passion and dedication in ways that matter most to the firm or business and their clients.

Instagram: alvan_james
Facebook: Alvan James
LinkedIn: Alvan James

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaysen and djqb

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    I am an LLB (Hons) Law graduate from The University of Manchester and a Junior Legal Engineer at SYKE with a strong passion for continuous and consistent progress in my career journey. I have had ample opportunities at growing professionally and legal work experiences that have blessed me with essential skills and knowledge. My career aspirations are imbued with a heightened interest in legal innovation especially through legal technology. I love getting inspired and inspiring others in the legal community where connection and collaboration can do wonders for us all. Building on this trajectory, I aim to refine further my expertise and deliver impeccable service in my current role.

Having come from a heavily disadvantaged and underrepresented background in Malaysia means that it has been extremely challenging even to arrive at this point. I am particularly proud of having fully supported and sustained myself financially throughout my course. I will strive to improve further and give back to the community when the time comes. This background and passion are what inspire me to help others in the volunteering and professional roles that I have taken since university.

At university, I have engaged in many unforgettable experiences through activities and in communities out of school, making lifelong friends. Many of these experiences such as music, characterise who I am, my humanity, and my most artistic expressions. Feel free to check out my acapella groups, the Singles that I am soloing in, and the EPs that we have released and will release later this year! There are links and features of these on my social media accounts below, including LinkedIn. :)

Currently, I am open to work and am still looking for additional roles in the legal industry. I have a lot to offer and am looking for opportunities where I can prove my passion and dedication in ways that matter most to the firm or business and their clients.

Instagram: alvan_james
    Facebook: Alvan James
    LinkedIn: Alvan James
    Welcome to the forum Alvan, great to see you on here.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.