Introduction

ADKM

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2022
Hi everyone. I have just joined TCLA and enrolled for the TCLA premium as a gold member. My name is Aditya and I am a 2020 LLB graduate from India. I came to the UK in September 2021 to pursue my LLM in International Corporate Law from the University of Leeds which I have now completed and am working full time as a paralegal at a national law firm in Leeds.

My main area of interest is mergers & acquisitions; I am very passionate about this area of practice and am actively seeking VS/TC opportunities at US law firms. I am also a member of the SEO London Corporate Law programme for 2022-23 intake and have attended two insight days at major US law firms giving me a good insight about their culture.

As for my experiences, I have a good mix of legal and non-legal experience. I have completed legal internships in India and also worked part-time in Aldi as a store assistant for 6 months giving me a good balance of technical and soft skills. Pro bono being such an important aspect of law firms’ work, I was also fortunate to complete a community engagement project with my university in Leeds as a volunteer with the Chapeltown Citizens Advice Bureau helping vulnerable clients with their PIP and ESI claims. It gave me a lot of satisfaction to give back to the community.

I have joined TCLA because I have heard great things about this initiative and I am very much looking forward to working alongside the team at TCLA to hopefully fulfilling my dream of securing a training contract in the UK. I also look forward to interacting with Jaysen about whom I have heard great things. All the best to all my fellow TCLA candidates, I hope you all achieve your dreams!!

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi everyone. I have just joined TCLA and enrolled for the TCLA premium as a gold member. My name is Aditya and I am a 2020 LLB graduate from India. I came to the UK in September 2021 to pursue my LLM in International Corporate Law from the University of Leeds which I have now completed and am working full time as a paralegal at a national law firm in Leeds.

My main area of interest is mergers & acquisitions; I am very passionate about this area of practice and am actively seeking VS/TC opportunities at US law firms. I am also a member of the SEO London Corporate Law programme for 2022-23 intake and have attended two insight days at major US law firms giving me a good insight about their culture.

As for my experiences, I have a good mix of legal and non-legal experience. I have completed legal internships in India and also worked part-time in Aldi as a store assistant for 6 months giving me a good balance of technical and soft skills. Pro bono being such an important aspect of law firms’ work, I was also fortunate to complete a community engagement project with my university in Leeds as a volunteer with the Chapeltown Citizens Advice Bureau helping vulnerable clients with their PIP and ESI claims. It gave me a lot of satisfaction to give back to the community.

I have joined TCLA because I have heard great things about this initiative and I am very much looking forward to working alongside the team at TCLA to hopefully fulfilling my dream of securing a training contract in the UK. I also look forward to interacting with Jaysen about whom I have heard great things. All the best to all my fellow TCLA candidates, I hope you all achieve your dreams!!
    Hi Aditya,

Welcome to the forum, it's a pleasure to have you here! I used to also be a part of the SEO programme and found it to be particularly helpful when I was going through the application process.

I wish you the best of luck this cycle - please do keep us updated on your progress this year.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.