IP Law Firms

PC99

Nov 1, 2023
Hi,

I am a Biochemistry PhD student and have recently become interested in IP law and have been looking into becoming a solicitor. I have been struggling to figure out which firms are big on IP law as a full service firms list IP but don't seem to do very much in the practice area. I've got Bird&Bird, Bristows, HSF, Simmons&Simmons and Taylor Wessing on my list, but I'm not available to do a VacScheme making it hard to engage with these firms or even apply to them. Would anyone be able to recommend firms that do a lot of IP life sciences?

Reactions: axelbeugre

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
These resources might give you some direction:

https://chambers.com/legal-rankings/life-sciences-transactional-uk-wide-1:1736:11805:1

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Hi,

I am a Biochemistry PhD student and have recently become interested in IP law and have been looking into becoming a solicitor. I have been struggling to figure out which firms are big on IP law as a full service firms list IP but don't seem to do very much in the practice area. I've got Bird&Bird, Bristows, HSF, Simmons&Simmons and Taylor Wessing on my list, but I'm not available to do a VacScheme making it hard to engage with these firms or even apply to them. Would anyone be able to recommend firms that do a lot of IP life sciences?
I would also recommend Goodwin Procter. I have a training contract with them and they have an amazing IP practice and many lawyers I met in that practice have your same background!

Good luck with your journey

Reactions: Jessica Booker

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.