Jones Day

Khurram

Premium Member
Nov 25, 2020
Invited to a JD VI. it involves a discussion w a trainee and then an interview with two lawyers. Does anyone have any tips or insights? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Invited to a JD VI. it involves a discussion w a trainee and then an interview with two lawyers. Does anyone have any tips or insights? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Hi @Khurram! Do you know what the discussion with a trainee and interview with two lawyers is based on?

Linking some posts here, here and here to help with your prep anyway! Let me know if these are useful.

Reactions: Jaysen

Khurram

Premium Member
Nov 25, 2020
Hi Avni, thanks for these they are really helpful.

From what I have read online, the discussion w the trainee is just to make you feel at ease (not assessed). The partner interview consists of the normal motivation questions, a few competency questions and I have come across one post saying there is the odd commercial awanress question.

Any other insight?

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Hi Avni, thanks for these they are really helpful.

From what I have read online, the discussion w the trainee is just to make you feel at ease (not assessed). The partner interview consists of the normal motivation questions, a few competency questions and I have come across one post saying there is the odd commercial awanress question.

Any other insight?
@Khurram thanks for this additional information! I would recommend giving these questions here a look, alongside the other links in my previous post, to help prepare for your partner interview.

All the best!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.