Kirkland and ellis open day 2021

SAA

Star Member
Feb 1, 2021
Hello everyone ,

I have just been accepted to the Kirkland and ellis open day March 2021.

I'm very surprised that I got accepted as I have been rejected from multiple other firms. I just assumed K&E would reject me anyways as they're very competitive.

Anyways , I'm extremely nervous and I dont know how the open day will run ie their structure, will they ask us any questions etc.

Could anyone with prior experience help me by telling me How I should prepare , what normally happens at an open day , and any questions they may ask me and an appropriate way to answer those questions.

I dont want to mess this up for myself as I have no experience before whatsoever, I'm a first year law student and 17 years old so I haven't had much time to gain experience especially now due to covid.

Any help would be gladly appreciated.

Also if anyone knows how many participants K&E normally takes on for their open day such as how many apps they receive on average and how many they accept that would be great.

Thank you so much.

roset

Mar 1, 2021
Hi,

I have been accepted too! I have attended various open days so I am assuming it will be very similar. Usually presentations on the firm and talks from the trainees and associates with the chance to ask questions after. So far it hasn’t been a requirement to have cameras on but it is optional. There were around 40 other attendees.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.