• Hey Guest, join Reed Smith’s Rik Palmer on Wednesday 7 October, 6–7pm (UK time) to learn how to succeed at each stage of the firm’s application process. Register for the event.

Land Law

PassSQE

Active Member
Aug 18, 2023
14
13
Hi everyone,

I'm due to start my full-time sqe course in September and currently going over some part of law I learnt at uni e.g land law. I'm really struggling to remember the land law terminology has any got any tips for this? :)
 
Hi @Ella thopliss

What has worked for me is to do a table of key terminology, so you have it as a reference point. I wouldn't memorise the whole thing though! I’d keep adding to the table as you work through each topic rather than trying to make one huge table from the start.

I’d organise the heading term / definition/ example:

Worked example
Easement / A right enjoyed over someone else’s land for a specified purpose / A right of way over a neighbour’s land


When you start doing MCQs, add any terminology you get wrong. Seeing the same terms repeatedly should help them stick!

I hope this helps and good luck with your revision! :)
 
Hi @Ella thopliss

What has worked for me is to do a table of key terminology, so you have it as a reference point. I wouldn't memorise the whole thing though! I’d keep adding to the table as you work through each topic rather than trying to make one huge table from the start.

I’d organise the heading term / definition/ example:

Worked example
Easement / A right enjoyed over someone else’s land for a specified purpose / A right of way over a neighbour’s land


When you start doing MCQs, add any terminology you get wrong. Seeing the same terms repeatedly should help them stick!

I hope this helps and good luck with your revision! :)
Thanks so much I will give this a go!
 
  • Like
Reactions: h.reena
Land law can get quite complicated when you start dealing with ownership, registered interests, leases, and related rights. I usually find it helpful to research a topic from a few different sources and compare the information before making any decision. For general information and product-related research, you can also visit website
 

Find member