Latest date you can start LLM with a 2025 TC?

jakiru

Standard Member
Jan 16, 2023
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone knew the latest date that you can start the SQE LLM if you have a TC commencing in 2025? Does this largely vary across firms?

I don't even have a TC yet but just planning ahead for if (fingers crossed) I am able to get one :) would really love to take a year out if possible. Thanks in advance for any input.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone knew the latest date that you can start the SQE LLM if you have a TC commencing in 2025? Does this largely vary across firms?

I don't even have a TC yet but just planning ahead for if (fingers crossed) I am able to get one :) would really love to take a year out if possible. Thanks in advance for any input.
Do you mean starting a TC in September 2025?

jakiru

Standard Member
Jan 16, 2023
Hi Jessica,

Yes, in September 2025, I should have clarified. The firm I have a VS at states that they want their prospective trainees to do the LLM with ULaw. Do you think in this instance I would be able to start the course in September 2024, or would this vary based on what individual firms want?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi Jessica,

Yes, in September 2025, I should have clarified. The firm I have a VS at states that they want their prospective trainees to do the LLM with ULaw. Do you think in this instance I would be able to start the course in September 2024, or would this vary based on what individual firms want?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Yes, you could start this is September 2024. It is worthwhile speaking to the firm about it at the point you receive a TC offer.

Reactions: jakiru

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.