Latham & Watkins online assessment

ruseaccount

Standard Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2021
Hi everyone!

I submitted a Latham VS app a week ago and did not realise that there is a SJT phase after the online form. Can someone clarify if this is right: I have 3 days after the deadline (so the 10th Dec) to do the SJT.

Also, can anyone tell me what the online assessment involves? I see that some people say it is a SJT, but others mentioned a video interview as well. Also, if anyone has any tips on this front, I would be SUPER grateful because I am historically not great at SJTs.

Thank you!!

Reactions: axelbeugre

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Hi everyone!

I submitted a Latham VS app a week ago and did not realise that there is a SJT phase after the online form. Can someone clarify if this is right: I have 3 days after the deadline (so the 10th Dec) to do the SJT.

Also, can anyone tell me what the online assessment involves? I see that some people say it is a SJT, but others mentioned a video interview as well. Also, if anyone has any tips on this front, I would be SUPER grateful because I am historically not great at SJTs.

Thank you!!
The assessment is a situational judgment test and I am pretty sure there is a video interview at the end. This was not the case last year because the video interview was the next stage of the process after the situational judgment test.

In terms of tips for the situational judgment test, my tip would be to have a list of values and qualities they emphasise a lawyer should have on the website and keep it in front of you at all times during the test and select the answers that are going to align with those qualities.

For the video interview,
here is is the link to the post I just made with some questions that might come up: https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....ns-discussion-thread-2023-24.8037/post-151491
Good luck with the video interview!

Good luck with the assessment!

Reactions: Sharon Wu

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.