Law graduate unemployment

Hannah.00

Aug 20, 2023
I will be starting law at uni this September and I am very excited. However, someone told me that taking a law degree isn’t worth it as I will end up unemployed anyways just like many law graduates. I am now stressing out by this comment made. Why are many law graduates unemployed? Is there anything I can do whilst at uni to increase my employability?

InvesmentBanker

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
May 26, 2023
Assuming you get decent grades, the main reason why people end up unemployed (in my humble opinion) is that they don't really know what they want to pursue. Regardless of what you go into, make sure you spend ample time in university attending careers events and applying for internships/graduate roles.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.