Linklaters 2019/20 Application

dosblancos7

Legendary Member
Feb 16, 2019
Has anyone heard back from Linklaters or know when we shall hear back?

They currently have their virtual schemes ongoing right now. Therefore, its best to wait as I'm sure they'll get back to you after those schemes, or at best case, during it.

I haven't applied to Links TC as I probably want to get a feel for the firm through a VS but anyways... this is my speculation.Best luck!

AnnieK

Jul 11, 2020
The Capp assessment consists of 7 different modules each based on a different "deal/situation". Its an SJT: you basically are given a scenario with different options and you have to rank what you would do (e.g. your friend is struggling with a task but ur given a new task by ur principal, would u help the friend, tell them u cant and focus on the task etc.). There are also more general questions about the type of person that you are (E.g. do it perfectly but miss the deadline vs. submit with mistakes but meet the deadline) and you basically answer these questions using a slide bar. There is no time-limit and no way to prepare for this: its literally based on who you are but bear in mind the AGILE framework to make sure that your answers align with LL's "expectations".

As for the WG everyone has to pass it and you can request your results after having passed it. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Hello! This was really helpful! The website says that the assessment can be completed in 60-90 minutes but does not mention whether that is a time limit.
So I wanted to know if there is a time limit on the assessment, or if there is no time limit but the time will be taken into account like it is for the HSF SJT, or whether time does not matter at all?

Thank you!

AH9891

Valued Member
Jan 11, 2020
Hello! This was really helpful! The website says that the assessment can be completed in 60-90 minutes but does not mention whether that is a time limit.
So I wanted to know if there is a time limit on the assessment, or if there is no time limit but the time will be taken into account like it is for the HSF SJT, or whether time does not matter at all?

Thank you!

I mean I can’t give you a definitive answer, but I did my test over the course of 3 days and just had my last day on their VS yesterday, so I’m fairly confident that this is not timed at all

Last edited:

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
I also can’t say with 100% certainty, but I really took my time with the test and did it over about three hours or more. I interviewed for a TC earlier this year and would think there isn’t a time recording, or if there is, it doesn’t seem to matter.

NourJ

Esteemed Member
Future Trainee
Jan 1, 2020
Just to update everyone, I don't know if this is relevant to direct TC apps but those on the first scheme are finding out whether they got a TC or not on Friday or early next week. They might be filtering through direct TC apps before the next scheme that starts in mid-July.

Imababysolicitor

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 9, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I got an email on 1st July that said this:
“Dear all

Thank you for applying for a Training Contract with Linklaters. We appreciate your interest in a career at the firm.

We will be reviewing applications over the next few months with a view to holding assessment centres in September.

If you have any questions in the meantime, please do reach out to me or the team at[email protected]

Kind regards

Victoria”

so I presume we’ll hear back after vacation schemes, and sometime in August.

Reactions: S30 and Alice G

Imababysolicitor

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 9, 2019
Hey Yasmine, was this sent as a reply to a queiry or a generic email automatically sent out to all applicants as I didn’t receive one and would need to chase it up
I hadn’t emailed them, I just received it - but I guess if you haven’t received it, it’s not generic? I also didn’t get it straight after I had applied either, if that helps.

Reactions: Mia97

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
That’s an automated email - anyone who hadn’t got it check your junk mail and if you can log back into the system check your email is correct. Any live applications are likely to have received it.

• ℹ️
Reactions: Nat

Nat

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
That’s an automated email - anyone who hadn’t got it check your junk mail and if you can log back into the system check your email is correct. Any live applications are likely to have received it.

Thank you, Jessica. I have checked both my email and junk folder and there is nothing there. It would be interesting to know if this means that "I have been rejected" or "I am in the no pile" but they haven't updated their portal yet.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thank you, Jessica. I have checked both my email and junk folder and there is nothing there. It would be interesting to know if this means that "I have been rejected" or "I am in the no pile" but they haven't updated their portal yet.

doesn’t mean anything.

Reactions: Nat

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I applied to Links and then I just remembered that I may have forgotten to add a module from my first year it was "IT for Language students" (basically an online course, everyone needs to pass and I did pass it). I have already emailed GR to add something to my app so not sure what to do. I don't want to email them again but I don't want them to think I was dishonest for not mentioning 5 credits pass/fail Module. .... I can't even go through my app to check if I added it or not .....

You’ll need to email them unfortunately...

1) they won’t really care about the module unless it was a poor grade

2) you haven’t been dishonest, just forgetful

3) if you got an offer and had to provide a transcript, you could prove you clarified about this module before the offer was made. If you didn’t you could risk your offer being revoked

this is why I always recommend people take screen shots of their application before they submit it so you know exactly what you have/hadn’t submitted.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.