London post NQ salary progression?

Changes

Legendary Member
Jan 7, 2020
How do salaries progress post NQ at London firms?

I’ve just been offered a job in my current industry that matches the NQ salary of a lot of firms plus an average salary pension. Though the scope for increase is limited and bonuses are small.

I’m still very keen on the switch to law but I just want to compare the finances in the longterm as obviously it’ll involve 2 years of no income plus another 2 years before I am earning about the same as I get now.

The other factor is it’s a very stable job, which in the current climate you start to appreciate the value of (though these things are cyclical and I think the recovery will be a lot quicker this time).

I know I’ll find law a much more fulfilling career but it is a big risk.

Interestingly my head says continue pursuing law, while my gut is slightly more uneasy. If I ca set out the financials it’ll help add some objectivity to my thinking.

Many thanks in advance!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.