Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hey guys,

For our webinars, I'm looking to pick apart a few answers for the following application questions:
    • Why this firm?
    • Why commercial law?
    • Tell us about your extra-curricular activities/positions of responsibility etc.
    • Competency questions
    • Tell us about a news story that interests you and why (or similar variation)?
    Ideally, I'm looking for a spread of weaker (e.g. older applications) and stronger answers.

If anyone would be happy to share an answer for any of the above questions, please could you comment below and let me know the answer(s) to which questions you're happy to share. I'll then contact about 10 of you.

As a thank you for allowing us to use it for the recorded webinar, you'll receive a £5 Amazon Gift Card for sharing your answers and a free spot on our webinar (if you aren't already a premium member).

In the answer you share, feel free to redact any personal information from your answers e.g. organisation names. You will also be kept anonymous.

Thank you!

Jaysen

Last edited:
    Reactions: xyzzzzz

Lawbour

Legendary Member
    Dec 25, 2018
    Hi Jaysen, this sounds like a good initiative. I'm happy to share my application answers for 'Why this firm', 'why commercial law', and the extra curricular question.

Not really sure how good/ bad each of my answers is lol but happy for you to use them for critique in the webinar

• 🏆
    Reactions: Jaysen

Oliver Gilliland

Distinguished Member
    Sep 6, 2018
    Hey Jaysen,

I've got a bunch for I can send over for the following:
    • Why this firm?
    • Why commercial law?
    • Tell us about your extra-curricular activities/positions of responsibility etc.
    • Tell us about a news story that interests you and why (or similar variation)?

• 🏆

Penelope

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 2
  • Aug 14, 2019
    Hi Jaysen, I’m happy to send over some older answers for “extra-curricular/positions of responsibility”, “why this firm”, “why law”, and “recent news story”.

• 🏆

Manifesting

Esteemed Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Sep 11, 2020
    I'm happy to share both weak and answers to all your questions.

I'm really happy with a news stories one I submitted for an application. And I have a fair share of weak copy-and-paste jobs for "why this firm?," as well as some more decent ones (alongside "why commercial law?"). I really like my current extra-curricular activities/positions of responsibility answer but in that past I have answered them very story-like (so I cringe a lot at them now). I feel kind of meh about competency questions, so these could fit into an in-between category.

• 🏆

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hey guys,

I'm going to keep this thread open because I'd love to have more application samples for our future sessions. For the next one, I'm particularly interested in weaker applications.

Anyone else who shares will also receive a £5 Amazon Gift Card.

Thank you!

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Hey guys,

I'm going to keep this thread open because I'd love to have more application samples for our future sessions. For the next one, I'm particularly interested in weaker applications.

Anyone else who shares will also receive a £5 Amazon Gift Card.

Thank you!
    Happy to send over some of my weaker ones if that'd help @Jaysen?

Juls

Mar 25, 2020
    Hi Jaysen,
    Happy to share some past answers on why this firm, competency questions, and news stories. :)
    I also have some which merge why commercial law/why this firm into one question, don't know if you'd be interested in these too.

• 🏆

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi Jaysen,
    Happy to share some past answers on why this firm, competency questions, and news stories. :)
    I also have some which merge why commercial law/why this firm into one question, don't know if you'd be interested in these too.

Thank you! Will drop you a PM.

KamTM

Junior Lawyer
    May 13, 2020
    Hi Jaysen,

I would be happy to share answers on why this firm, why law, and extra curricular/positions of responsibility.
    I also have specific firm answers if that is of any interest.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.