LPC Life in London?

crabtree

Jan 30, 2022
Hi,

I have a tc with a firm and must complete the fast track LPC in London. I get a grant from the firm, but this is not enough to cover 12 months rent. The course is only 7 months, so I assume the sum is meant to just cover costs for that period.

I just wondered, where do most people live when doing the LPC at Holborn?
Do people move to London for the full twelve months, or do they just do the seven and then do something else?

Is it common to paralegal for a while after LPC?

Romiras

Legendary Member
Associate
Apr 3, 2019
The grant is usually designed (although imperfectly) to cover your LPC period (in this case, 7 months).

Most people I did the LPC with either (i) stayed at their family home (regardless of how far it may be) or (ii) rented in Clapham, Shoreditch or near Holborn (like Farringdon, etc). It should be noted that my LPC was all in-person (which may not be the case now a days!).

Since we were all TC holders, we went straight to work at our firm after completing the LPC (after a short break), and therefore you can either negotiate a break clause (to let you leave at the 7th month mark or earlier) or alternatively you could just travel to your office, wherever that is.

If you're a TC holder, it's probably not common to paralegal for a while after the LPC because you typically start your TC shortly after.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.