Map of law firm office locations in London?

els124

Distinguished Member
Sep 26, 2020
Does anyone have a map which marks where each firm is located? I've looked and looked online but I can't find a recent one. Would be really interesting to see where they all are in relation to one another.

Also, does anyone have any opinions on whether it's better to be in Chancery Lane or Liverpool Street?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Does anyone have a map which marks where each firm is located? I've looked and looked online but I can't find a recent one. Would be really interesting to see where they all are in relation to one another.

Also, does anyone have any opinions on whether it's better to be in Chancery Lane or Liverpool Street?
Having worked across London, there really isn’t a difference between Chancery Lane end of the city or Liverpool Street at the other end of the city - it’s literally only a mile apart.

• ℹ️
Reactions: els124

els124

Distinguished Member
Sep 26, 2020
Reactions: Jaysen

els124

Distinguished Member
Sep 26, 2020
Having worked across London, there really isn’t a difference between Chancery Lane end of the city or Liverpool Street at the other end of the city - it’s literally only a mile apart.

so there isn't any kind of friendly rivalry of chancery lane vs liverpool street or any differences in the kinds of firms that tend to locate in each?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
so there isn't any kind of friendly rivalry of chancery lane vs liverpool street or any differences in the kinds of firms that tend to locate in each?
No rivalry when it comes to within the City. Rivalries are much more likely to be about who has the best office/facilities, not actually where the office is based.

Firms could easily move from Chancery Lane to Liverpool Street or vice versa and not really think about it. It’s a bit different if you are talking about the West End or Canary Wharf, but the city is pretty much of a muchness and you could walk across it in 20 minutes.

• ℹ️

TC fiend

Legendary Member
  • Apr 27, 2021
    A number of firms are moving / have moved from offices on Chancery Lane to Liverpool street. Not because of any sort of rivalry but because the buildings around Chancery Lane are older. Leases are expiring, teams are growing, and firms want nicer offices. There’s still a lot of barristers chambers near Chancery Lane too, don’t think they’ll be moving any time soon.

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020

I wouldn't base your application decisions based on where the firm's office is in the City, it should be focussed on the work they do and their culture.

els124

Distinguished Member
    Sep 26, 2020
    I wouldn't base your application decisions based on where the firm's office is in the City, it should be focussed on the work they do and their culture.

Don't worry I'm not! I just accepted my TC offer today so now making any more applications now :) it's just that I was looking at the firm's office location and wondered if the fact it was in liverpool street meant anything

Reactions: Jaysen

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Don't worry I'm not! I just accepted my TC offer today so now making any more applications now :) it's just that I was looking at the firm's office location and wondered if the fact it was in liverpool street meant anything
    In this day and age, it means they got a good deal of some real estate at the time of the contract that met the firms needs.

S30

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 19, 2019
    Yes, this is the best I've found as well, but it would be really nice to have a map with the locations of all the major firms in London

perhaps it's a project for my next holidays haha
    I have noticed that quite a lot of firms are moving to Liverpool Street. Freshfields and Baker McKenzie will both be based in Bishopsgate, which is the current home to Latham & Watkins and Mayer Brown.

Then down the road you have HSF on Primrose street. Right opposite that is Broadgate Tower where you will find Reed Smith and Hill Dickinson. If you go down the road or two, you will find Pinsent Masons and Watson Farley & Williams. A bit further towards Spitalfields you will find Allen & Overy and Ashurst. Then, if you go even further out near Bank there is White & Case.

I do not think there is much firms around the Chancery Lane / Holborn area anymore, all I know is Macfarlanes, Mishcon de Reya, Hogan Lovells and Bird & Bird are located there.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.