EMA99

May 30, 2022
Hello everyone, I've got the Morrison & Foerster summer vac scheme in two weeks. I'm a little nervous and wondered if anyone who has done the spring scheme or a vac scheme at Mofo has any tips? I've combed through the advice on TCLA so have a good grasp of the general tips but want to know if there are any firm-specific things I should be aware of. Thanks In advance!

• 🏆
Reactions: George Maxwell

George Maxwell

Administrator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer 50
Oct 25, 2021
Hello everyone, I've got the Morrison & Foerster summer vac scheme in two weeks. I'm a little nervous and wondered if anyone who has done the spring scheme or a vac scheme at Mofo has any tips? I've combed through the advice on TCLA so have a good grasp of the general tips but want to know if there are any firm-specific things I should be aware of. Thanks In advance!
Hey @EMA99,

Welcome to the forum! This is awesome news. Congratulations on getting a place on the MoFo scheme too.

Although you may receive some responses here, my advice would be to reach out to users who have previously posted about MoFo on the forum. You can try to find posts on the forums by using the search bar function in the top right of your screen (if you are on a laptop). For example, searching "MoFo" seems to yield some useful results. I would then suggest PM'ing relevant members by hovering over the link to their profile and clicking "Start conversation". I am sure that there will be TCLA members that would be more than happy to help!

Best of luck!

George Maxwell

Administrator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer 50
Oct 25, 2021
Hey,

I don't have anything to add other than to say being nervous is completely natural!

I have my first two VSs coming up shortly (they are one straight after the other as well) and I am definitely feeling the nerves!
Hey @Abii,

First of all, very best of luck for your vacation schemes! I can't wait to hear how they go for you. I am sure that you will smash them. Secondly, do let me know if you would like any help/guidance before, during or after your schemes! I would be delighted to help in any way I can. Lastly I wanted to say that I may be running a webinar for Premium Members about succeeding on vacation schemes, so keep your eyes peeled if you think this might be useful or if it would interest you! 🚀

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.