MY TC thread

Beni1995

Standard Member
Nov 7, 2021
I completed my situational judgement test for A&O last week and this week I have regularly listened to BBC global news, FT news briefing, Watson's daily, and Bright Network's Think Commercially podcast. All of these things are part of my goal to securing a training contract. In the upcoming I want to be preparing for an Assessment Centre.

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    I completed my situational judgement test for A&O last week and this week I have regularly listened to BBC global news, FT news briefing, Watson's daily, and Bright Network's Think Commercially podcast. All of these things are part of my goal to securing a training contract. In the upcoming I want to be preparing for an Assessment Centre.
    Thanks for sharing @Beni1995 - fingers crossed on A&O. How do you plan to prepare for your assessment centre?

Beni1995

Standard Member
    Nov 7, 2021
    I was fortunate enough to receive an assessment centre for A&O but unfortunately did not get a TC offer. I think I fell short on the commercial awareness task, which I struggled with. I am waiting for graduate recruitment to get back to me with feedback.

Reactions: Jaysen

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    I was fortunate enough to receive an assessment centre for A&O but unfortunately did not get a TC offer. I think I fell short on the commercial awareness task, which I struggled with. I am waiting for graduate recruitment to get back to me with feedback.
    I'm sorry to hear that - I know this can be demoralising. It's a great sign that you made it to the assessment centre stage though, as many applicants won't have.

What's the plan for you now?

• 🤝
    Reactions: AvniD

AvniD

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 25, 2021
    Hi @Beni1995, I am sorry to hear A&O didn't work out but do want to commend your ability to reflect objectively and work through what you think could have be improved. Your attitude will hold you in good stead through the peaks and troughs of not only making applications but also a career in commercial law as well. Let me know what grad rec say in terms of your feedback and if you want some forum resources to help you with commercial awareness-based tasks. You've got this 💪

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.