Need some help!

Jaypes3

Jan 15, 2020
Just got my rejection from Burges Salmon. Felt as if my answers were strong and do not know where I went wrong exactly. To anyone that got on the assessment centre, would you mind sharing the answers you used so I can get a feel for what they are looking for? Would massively help me out.

Holly

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Nov 23, 2019
Hi there, I didn’t apply to Burges Salmon. But one thing I can say about good apps is to ask yourself:

“does every line I write add value to my answer?”

if so, then ask yourself:

“If “Burges salmon” is taken out of this sentence, will the sentence still make sense if I replace it with the name of another firm?”

Also check for any typos, long sentences that could have been more concise and so on.

I hope this helps somewhat. I know rejections arent nice. I hope you get an offer at the right firm at some point :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.