Open Day Application

al97

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
May 30, 2023
Hi, I planned to apply for a few Open Days and I wonder if members here can help me out as this is my first time. The questions are more/less the same: What do you hope to gain from this OD? (300 words)

I plan to mention 3 facts: 2 about the firm's practice areas and 1 about its training/seat option/DEI. I also tailor my experience to the firm's practice like how I would for a vac scheme. As @Jessica Booker kindly mentioned, my answer should be similar to VS, but I should focus on what I hope to gain.

Other than "I hope to discuss the trainees' involvement when they're in xx seat/ learn about the practice area" I'm not entirely sure what I should write. If anyone has any experience that would be great! Thanks!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi, I planned to apply for a few Open Days and I wonder if members here can help me out as this is my first time. The questions are more/less the same: What do you hope to gain from this OD? (300 words)

I plan to mention 3 facts: 2 about the firm's practice areas and 1 about its training/seat option/DEI. I also tailor my experience to the firm's practice like how I would for a vac scheme. As @Jessica Booker kindly mentioned, my answer should be similar to VS, but I should focus on what I hope to gain.

Other than "I hope to discuss the trainees' involvement when they're in xx seat/ learn about the practice area" I'm not entirely sure what I should write. If anyone has any experience that would be great! Thanks!
Apologies, I should have made myself clearer - when I said the evidence would be similar, I meant the rest of your application rather than your motivational answers (eg your work experience/extra curriculars).

If you are asked the question what do you hope to gain from attending the open day, your answer should be purely on that. If you are going to state facts about the firm, you still need to link this back to what you think you will personally gain from attending.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.