Paralegal positions

J123

Star Member
Future Trainee
Jul 12, 2019
Hi everyone,

I've just started looking for commercial paralegal roles in London and looking for some advice:

1) Which agencies/websites are best for those with no paralegal experience (but lots of internship experience) and the LPC? I'm finding that a lot of vacancies require experience but are more flexible on whether candidates have the LPC.

2) Which firms only recruit directly for paralegal roles (as opposed to via agencies)?

3) If I had the choice between a paralegal position and a job in a client industry, which route would be preferred by TC recruiters (or are they given equal weighting)?

Thanks!

Tom L

Nov 23, 2018
Hi everyone,

I've just started looking for commercial paralegal roles in London and looking for some advice:

1) Which agencies/websites are best for those with no paralegal experience (but lots of internship experience) and the LPC? I'm finding that a lot of vacancies require experience but are more flexible on whether candidates have the LPC.

2) Which firms only recruit directly for paralegal roles (as opposed to via agencies)?

3) If I had the choice between a paralegal position and a job in a client industry, which route would be preferred by TC recruiters (or are they given equal weighting)?

Thanks!

Hi - a few agencies that spring to mind are F-Lex and Paralaw! They are great places to start and normally take on graduates with limited paralegal experience.

Reactions: J123 and Jaysen

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

3) isn’t as simple as that. It will be what you achieve in that experience rather than your job title/employer.

Look at Law Gazette Jobs and LinkedIn to get a gauge of which firms recruit directly and which go via agencies.

There are also different type of paralegal roles though so many firms will use both types of recruitment. They will use agency staff for short term arrangements, especially per hour/per day contracts, while anything more 6 month+ tends to be more direct.

Reactions: J123

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.