PGDL at BPP: Advice Appreciated!

jsc150

Oct 18, 2021
Hi Everyone!

I am starting the PGDL at BPP in January, as it is required by my training contract provider. I was wondering whether anyone who has been in the consortium cohort could share a little bit about what their week looked like in terms of timetabling, and how much was in-person and online?

I was also wondering whether anyone knows whether the programme will be going fully online due to Omicron?

Thank you so much for all your help in advance!

Reactions: George Maxwell

George Maxwell

Administrator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer 50
Oct 25, 2021
Hi Everyone!

I am starting the PGDL at BPP in January, as it is required by my training contract provider. I was wondering whether anyone who has been in the consortium cohort could share a little bit about what their week looked like in terms of timetabling, and how much was in-person and online?

I was also wondering whether anyone knows whether the programme will be going fully online due to Omicron?

Thank you so much for all your help in advance!
Hi @jsc150!

Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoyed Christmas day yesterday 🎄.

So I am currently both at BPP doing the PGDL (started in September) and I am in the Consortium cohort.

My timetable has just been released and I am in three days a week. It is all in person currently (although I am unsure whether this will change due to covid). I do not think I have received anything to suggest that things will move online in the New Year due to covid. Things may change due to government restrictions though(!).

Our timetable was released a few days ago on our Outlook calendar. Does it not yet show up for you? If not, I would email the BPP support team as I think timetables have been confirmed (although this may not apply to January starters...

Hope that helps 🤞

• 🤝
Reactions: AvniD

jsc150

Oct 18, 2021
Hi @jsc150!

Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoyed Christmas day yesterday 🎄.

So I am currently both at BPP doing the PGDL (started in September) and I am in the Consortium cohort.

My timetable has just been released and I am in three days a week. It is all in person currently (although I am unsure whether this will change due to covid). I do not think I have received anything to suggest that things will move online in the New Year due to covid. Things may change due to government restrictions though(!).

Our timetable was released a few days ago on our Outlook calendar. Does it not yet show up for you? If not, I would email the BPP support team as I think timetables have been confirmed (although this may not apply to January starters...

Hope that helps
Hi George!

Thank you so much for your response, it was very helpful! My timetable does not show up yet, so I will email them next week. I was hoping to ask you one more question- how does it work with everything being in-person but so many people having to isolate/testing positive. Are there easy ways to catch up if you miss some days/are you penalised for absences?

Thank you!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.