PGDL or MA Law?

CarmenF

May 17, 2022
Hello everyone, I am undecided either to do a PGDL or a MA Law. Both of them are conversion courses.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of these two courses, apart from the price?

My goal is to do a conversion course and after that start preparing for the SQE1 exam.

Thank you for all your answers!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hello everyone, I am undecided either to do a PGDL or a MA Law. Both of them are conversion courses.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of these two courses, apart from the price?

My goal is to do a conversion course and after that start preparing for the SQE1 exam.

Thank you for all your answers!
The MA in Law is likely to make you eligible for postgraduate student finance, while the PGDL would not be eligible where it is not degree level (unless it offers a bolt-on module to top it up to a masters level course).

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.